Search Unity

How to make a Skeleton Animation / Sprite Hybrid (Imported from Spine)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by itsjey, Feb 22, 2017.

1. itsjey

itsjey

So the current project I am working on somewhat resembles Rayman's recent animation style
    with bones as well as sprite swapping.

The problem is, is that I am a noob and have only been able to find so far the basics of how to execute
    a sprite animation and a skeletal animation.
    But from the looks of importing from Spine with bones and skeleton, it seems as though the problem is a little trickier.

To give an example of what it is I'm trying to accomplish: Let us say Bob has to punch.
    He has to go from idle (which is a skeletonAnimation)
    Then if he wants to punch, I have to completely switch out his skeleton to another one made for his punch (another skeleton)

If I were to use the same skeleton and animate him with only the assets from idle animation, I know that I could easily code in the different skeletonanimations, but I'm not sure how to do this sprite-swap-skeletal animation.

NB. All my animations are on seperate skeletons. They are not animations linked to one skeleton but several skeletons with their own animations.

Thank you sooo much for even reading up to this point! I would gladly appreciate any help~