Search Unity

How to make a football sim

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Jor98, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Jor98

Jor98

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how to make a football sim with people applying for jobs and making a chat and letting them call and I also wanted to make a basketball version of it too but different. If anyone can help me that would be great!

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Welcome!

If you want to make a game in Unity, I recommend starting with the Learn section. Go through some tutorials and get a feel for what kind of stuff is involved in making a game. You'll likely quickly realize the amount of work involved and decide to put your grand game idea off to the side for a bit until you build some experience. This is the correct thing to do.

There's no shortcut we know of to skip past the learning stage, unfortunately.

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Simulations are challenging. They require expert level knowledge of programming, and expert level knowledge of your subject domain.

The learn section is invaluable for learning Unity. You may also want to focus on learning C# somewhere. I get the impression your game will be mostly UI based, with the heavy lifting done outside of Unity. So for this particular game, it might be worth learning programming outside of Unity.