Search Unity

how to know which go has this script?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Oskar_Kasprzak, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Oskar_Kasprzak

Oskar_Kasprzak

Hello there.

At first sorry for my bad english.

So I am working with my friend with collab service and it's kinda frustrating when he adds some script and I don't know what's the go which got this script. How do I find it out quickly? I googled that if I type whole scriptname in hierarchy I will get go with this script attached, but it doesn't work (post from 2012). Any ideas?

Best regards

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

In the Hierarchy, the search box has a magnifying glass icon with a dropdown arrow on the left side. Click that icon, and choose "Type" from the list. Then type the name of your script, and the list will be populated with all objects that have a component matching that name. Note that the text is not case sensitive, but it must otherwise match exactly. For example, typing "transform" or "Transform" will show all objects with a Transform component, but typing "trans", "transform ", or "transferm" will not.

Oskar_Kasprzak likes this.
  3. Oskar_Kasprzak

Oskar_Kasprzak

@Schneider21

I don't know why or how, but it works... NOW. Even with "all" selected now it shows GOs with this script attached. Thank you for this "magnifying glass icon" tip. It will help when our project get bigger. Thank you so much and have a nice day!

Best regards.

Schneider21 likes this.