Search Unity

How to get same result in bake as in dynamic ?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Robray, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Robray

Robray

Hi, I made a scene with a nice dynamic lighting, I used quite a lot of tricks (multiple lights with more or less intensity to achieve the perfect result) and now that I'm trying to bake, everything is way too different. All I want is to get the exact same result in the baking as is it right now in dynamic.
    An example of the difference, I have a spot light very close to the ground pointing toward a proned character, in dynamic mode, this light is almost burning the ground that is close to it but further away, towards the character it is perfect. After I bake, the ground is completely white (I guess, this is physically correct but it is not what I had in dynamic nor what I want).

I saw a bunch of posts of people complaining about the huge difference there is between dynamic and baked lighting but no solution expect redo the entire lighting.
    Is there a way to get the same lighting in baked as in dynamic, without having to change the scene setup atleast ?

2. Stardog

Stardog

Try turning all bounces/gi to 0.

3. Robray

Robray

Tried it but still too different (more colorful and brighter in general), I ended up adjusting the setup.

4. ThomasCoote

ThomasCoote

I'm seeing quite a few of these threads and very few solutions.

5. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Baked lighting is completely different it than dynamic lighting in unity 5. In unity 4 everything seems similar between dynamic and static lighting. But in unity 5 you need to re setup light settings for static lighting.
    Best tool to achieve good result between dynamic and static lighting is Progressive lightmpper.

In unity 5 we have some new features in lightmapping:
    1. Indirect light intensity for all scene objects and light bounce option for each light
    2. IBL lighting as ambient source
    3. PBR shaders

In unity 4 we had simple color as ambient light and simple bounce intensity and sky light as Indirect lights.
    Also dynamic lighting in unity 5 looks better than baked lighting in some scenarios.