Search Unity

How to export an animation from Blender 2.68 to Unity 4.

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by hawx, Jul 24, 2013.

1. hawx

hawx

Hi ,

I'm trying to export an animation from blender to unity , I've had a look at lots of old "blender to unity" tutorials but blender has since changed. I'm not sure how to export an animation so that I can reference it to play , in a script.

Any help on exporting animations would be helpful(Maybe even a tutorial).

Thanks,
    Hawx

2. Tiles

Tiles

Select all your meshes in your armature while holding shift, select the armature itself, still holding shift. Select Export as FBX, make sure Selection only is ticked and Default take unticked. Click export. Done :)

3. hawx

hawx

Thanks.

Hawx

4. hawx

hawx

Where do I create a new action? Here's my screen:
    $BlenderPRoblem.jpg

When I click the new button , nothing happens.
    I export this as .fbx and I get "Default Take" , but how do I name my action?

Hawx

5. hawx

hawx

How do I also link the animation to a script , I've been trying with "Default Take" but it hasn't liked it.

6. Tiles

Tiles

You don`t expect a full fleshed Blender animation tutorial plus a Unity scripting tutorial now, do you? That`s simply too much, sorry.

I would suggest to have a look at the available tutorials first. Then come back and ask detail questions that makes sense.

7. hawx

hawx

No , the scripting bit I've worked out , it's just where I can create a new action on this screen (Above).
    Because I can't fine the "F" anywhere, all I can find is new which doesn't help.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  8. gryff

gryff

I don't know about Blender 2.68 but for versions 2.66 and previous:

!. Click the "New" button - you will see the button change to "Action".
    2. To the right of the box with Action you will see 3 little buttons "F", "+" and "X"
    3. Clicking the "F" button ensures that that Action will be saved even if it is not currently linked to a rig.
    4. Clicking the "X" button does the exact opposite of 3
    5. The "+" button allows you to add another action.

To the left of the word "Action" you will see a button that when clicked shows you all the current animations and their status (F or 0)

If you highlight the word "Action" you can change it to a more meaningful word (eg: walk, run, jump etc) to distinguish all your actions. Make sure all the actions you want to keep have their status as "F"

cheers, gryff :)

9. hawx

hawx

Thanks Gryff.

That seem right , but the Blender version I have doesn't seem to have it , I'll try to re-download.