Search Unity

how to enable MR mode in Unity3D with steamVR?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by gabstar, May 17, 2017.

1. gabstar

gabstar

Hi, I m new on Unity3D ,and I m working on a unity project (not game from game store) that need to shoot MR video…but i get the problem to show up the 4 quadrants view properly.
    and while the game is running ,and i select the third camera , there are errors keep coming out:
    Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 391.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) (Camera rect 0 0 391 220)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Here is my step:

My unity3D is 5.50f3 version with steamVR version 1.2.1 pulgin installed , and I also have a third controller attached correctly.

I create a new scene in unity and add the cameraRig ,SteamVR and the SteamVR_ExternalCamera from the Prefabs.I have the External Camera Config Path assigned then I drop the Controller(third) to the SteamVR _Render Script. I run the game and enable the third controller on,after that I only get the bottom right HMD view, the other 3 quadrants view are stay black..

Also the camera created under Controller(third)is disable during runtime, so I enable it and changing the Field of View to something 60–150,the top and bottom left is now showing the skybox(BG), the top right become white and the bottom right still in the HMD view. However, I move the third controller, no change on the those 3 quadrants. But I could notice that the camera under Controller(third) is moving in the scene view.

It seem like it missing the FG, mask, and the movement of the camera.
    Btw, i can output the 4 quadrants view correctly by running some paid games (which brought from steam )
    Did i miss anything…?
    Can anyone help me....?

2. varian97

varian97

Have you solved it ? I have the same problem

3. gabstar

gabstar

not fixed yet...

4. varian97

varian97

I have fixed it, my solution was to remove SteamVR prefabs from the project

5. gabstar

gabstar

That's good...
    U mean u remove the Prefabs folder under SteamVR folder??
    but how can u add the cameraRig and SteamVR....
    btw, which unity version a u using?? 5.5 or 5.6?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  6. gabstar

gabstar

Hi Varian,
    i just try to don't put in SteamVR , when i run the game, the SteamVR is create itself, i place the third controller to the steamVR _render script as usual, the same problem happened ,
    can u explain to me how u do it....?
    thank you very much...

Attached Files:

• 02.png
      02.png
      File size:
      735 KB
      Views:
    • 04.png
      04.png
      File size:
      692.3 KB
      Views:
    • 05.png
      05.png
      File size:
      782.1 KB
      Views:
    • 06.png
      06.png
      File size:
      737.8 KB
      Views:
    • 07.png
      07.png
      File size:
      830.4 KB
      Views:
  7. varian97

varian97

I use Unity 5.6.1f1, I remove the SteamVR object from the scene and it works.
    This is just my hunch, the SteamVR itself create a camera gameobject and that camera probably make SteamVR_ExternalCamera's OnGUI( ) become not working.

In my case, the Third controller already active and the error ("Screen position out of frustum") is gone.
    I will post the screen capture of my scene in the future to help you, but next week maybe. (Because the project is at my office desktop and I forgot to push it on the git)

8. gabstar

gabstar

That's good...
    thank you very much Varian

9. gabstar

gabstar

Hi Varian,
    how u doing..?
    i m still not got it fix..
    can u tell me more about how u fix it...
    thx