Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

how to drag , drop , and stick the object of the basic programming command ?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Bezaleel1998, May 19, 2017.

1. Bezaleel1998

Bezaleel1998

Hello everyone ,
    I am trying to develop basic programming interface for high school students and for my collages duty, as a beginner at Unity Engine I still can't understand some complicated scripts. Even I was watched almost all tutorials about drag and drop process but I still don't know how to implement it to my project .

I need to archive few things (please look at the picture :
    - I can drag the object component from left panel to the right panel;
    -when I press run the map , it can do the command object from the right field panel;
    -when I press reset , the right field is empty;
    -I can using many object from the left panel and the object can be stick with another object at the right panel;

How can I simply do this? Where do I start?

Sorry for my bad English language,
    Thank you for your attention.
    *note :
    My example panel below here, I got this idea from the blocklygames.

wp_ss_20170519_0002.png

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. Laperen

Laperen

I think more important than the interface is segmenting the functionality. I would look into using C# delegate events and/or UnityEvents. If you find scripting a challenge this project seems way way over your skill level.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  3. Bezaleel1998

Bezaleel1998

I was using C# and need more suggestions for my project.... Abot drag , stick and drop... Please give me support

4. Laperen

Laperen

Think of it this way, you are creating a visual scripting toy, which seems meant for teaching scripting. Yet you yourself are not familiar with scripting. If this is meant to be a short project, you simply do not have the time to master scripting enough to teach it meaningfully, let alone make a game to teach scripting.

I can tell you that you need to look into using Canvas UI LayoutGroups and ContentSizeFitter for the UI side of things. The drag and drop may require 2D Collision detection depending on how you want it to work.

The bigger problem I believe is still the scripting portion. Not being familiar in it poses the problem of not making the game properly and not teaching it properly through the game.

5. Bezaleel1998

Bezaleel1998

Hmm I'll try that. If i have more question I'll asking this unity forum again.

6. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Why not just buy an existing visual scripting solution?

Or better still, use Unreal or GameMaker which have built in visual scripting?

Developing your own language is one of the harder programming tasks out there. And that's essentially what making your own visual scripting system entails.

7. Bezaleel1998

Bezaleel1998

About buying an existing visual scripting solution?
    first, nope because i want studying the C# for making another application.....
    second, i just want to minimize the budgeting.

about Unreal and Game maker ?
    still want to using unity first, and this web is Unity 3d right. so, if i want to make another project with game maker or unreal i can make some threads at there.....

thank's for your attention.