Search Unity

How to correct blurry UI? Or duplicate the camera? also clean render texture.

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by resetme, Mar 1, 2017.

1. resetme

resetme

Hello unity masters,

I'm working on an UI project and I want to copy my ui, blurry it and put it behind the same Ui.
    I setup a camera that only render the canvas Ui, screen space camera if I'm not wrong.

Right now is working but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong.
    In my code I create a render texture, then in my Update code I save the camera render in targettexture in low resolution (fake blurry), after that I null the target texture, if I don't do this part my ui don't render at all.

After I got my render texture in low res I just put it inside a raw texture in my canvas with an add shader and upscale.

It's feel really wrong to do this on update... there is no other way to render the camera inside a texture and keep the camera rendering on screen? I saw something about temporarytexture but I didn't find any code example.

Also, my render texture never clear, so every time I press play my texture rewrite the older one giving some ghost effect, liking adding images together.

I'm very lost, Appreciate any help!

2. resetme

resetme

So i did it.

This was the technique;
    1 Camera to the BG - render in texture
    1 Camera to the UI - render in texture
    1 Camera that do blit, taking the texture from BG and UI and render to screen.

In the shader i take the BG and attach the UI (blurried) to it, using lerp.
    from the (BG+ UI blurry ) lerp i do another lerp with the UI not blurry.

After that i add the Post proccess stack.
    It works well and the colors are mostly the same.

I still want to find a way to Layer those texture in the shader, going to make another post for that. The lerp solution works but is not perfect. maybe using a second pass?