Search Unity

How to continue with focus on the game?

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by creat327, May 8, 2017.

1. creat327

creat327

Hi

I wrote a plugin for tizen that plays a video. The problem is that while the video is playing, it seems the Unity engine is paused so it won't listen to Invoke("method") or input touches or anything. Is there a way to keep the engine running and listening to input and invoke calls?

2. skaljac

skaljac

I had similar problem. I have native plugin for getting list of all apps on Tizen device. The function for getting that list is running for like 5-10s (for some reason) so Unity app is not responsive that same time. I have solve this issue by adding threads. I have one thread where I call code from native plugin. And then app works without any problem. I have use Thread Ninja from asset store. Maybe that can help you too.

3. creat327

creat327

it's a different issue. In my case I'm downloading things from the internet already on a different thread. As soon as I display any Tizen UI component, the game engine blocks. No update/fixedupdate gets called whatsoever until I close that UI component. So for instance if you want to display a progress bar of the download, unity is locked until the progress bar goes to 100 and I destroy it.
    So displaying Tizen UI = locks game engine, all the threads. You can't even do SendMessage to it.

4. sukwon-suh

sukwon-suh