Search Unity

How to Bend a Slider

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by kmalik748, Aug 11, 2017.

1. kmalik748

kmalik748

Hello Everyone! I am developing a golf game, but i want to design a protractor type shape in front of the ball with an arrow inside representing the direction. This arrow should continuously move from left to right and when key is pressed it should get locked onto the direction of whenever the key is pressed. Any suggestions and ideas on how i can design this slider.

2. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

Have a look at the Radial Slider in the UI Extensions project (link in signature). It simply uses the default Image fill in an interesting way, which might suite your needs. It's a full circle but you could apply the same pattern to a half filled one or other.

Another option is to use the Curly UI effect to bend any slider to meet your needs :D

3. kmalik748

kmalik748

Thank You for your response sir. Sir since i am quite new to unity, I am having a lot of problems in doing things. Can you please give me any video tutorial on how to make a semi circle slider with an arrow that rotates continuously. Also whenever a key is pressed it stops at that moment and the ball just bounces in the locked direction