1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Get further faster with the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack, free for new Unity Plus subscribers for a limited time. Click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Learn how you'll soon be able to publish your games to China in four simple steps with Xiaomi. Sign up now for early access.
    Dismiss Notice

How to become a Game Designer : Getting started

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Bit-Winchester, May 19, 2017.

1. Bit-Winchester

Bit-Winchester

Hey guys, I made a quick video to hopefully help with how to become a game designer. Sometimes it can feel overwhelming or we can through ourselves head first into technical before we have an understanding of fundamentals that make great designers. Hope this helps a few people out there that are just getting started. Cheers!

You can watch the video here:

JoeStrout likes this.
  2. uncle-iroh

uncle-iroh

i have a hard time with computers..but have a brilliant idea for a collaborated game, the marketing that would go into the design, a small amount of paperwork and illustrations ive come up with for algorithm and overall concepts and functionality (with lots of room for change and input)..I GUESS MY QUESTION IS ..are there any roles in this industry for a person who just conceptualizes and discusses with a team, who would be able to convey and apply my idea into game? or what level of technical skill would i have to reach to be taken seriously?.....im a father of 3..and learning coding is tough and time consuming for me..and feel that if i were just to talk with a team of experts, they could mainline this project into fruition..the concept would easy to explain, for the idea of all the mechanics and function already exist in other games, card games , ect..