Search Unity

How to Analyze Data from UA?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by enchiridion, Feb 17, 2017.

1. enchiridion

enchiridion

Hi

I have many questions regarding UA, finding it very strange that no one else has these questions...

1. It is strange that UA always has the date on the x axis, how am I supposed to compare 2 sets of data?
    2. Is there an application to feed all the data into? A Website?
    3. Do I export my custom events as csv and put them into excel? How do I do that? Or do I export Raw Data?
    4. What about getting separate analytics from different app versions?
    5. why is almost all of the analytics not unique users?
    6. how can I get averages if I cannot see my total player base? Also cannot see the total unique custom events, which would also be needed to get an average.

Clearly I have no idea what needs to be done and would appreciate some advice on the methods that other people have done for their games.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. enchiridion

enchiridion

Ok I have done more research and figured out that I need dashboards to display the data. Or even better I need databases that can read all the data in and create graphs based on queries. But again, I have no idea which programs do that and Google does not seem to have the answers.

3. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@enchiridion

When building our dashboard, we tried to focus on features for the most common use cases. We are always working on improvements and providing more flexible chart options is on the list of things we'd like to improve, though I can't say when that will be available.

All the event data is automatically aggregated into the Dashboard. If you have a Pro subscription, you also have access to our Raw Data Export feature, which will allow you to export all your data into any BI tool you'd like, such as Tableau.

You can do either. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

You can send a Custom Event with your app's version and then use Custom Segments to view your data with that context:
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/analytics/introduction-custom-segments

Can you clarify this question? We do allow you to see the number of Unique Users for each Custom Event, which is where it makes the most sense. Can you give an example of where you would like to see a count of Unique Users that we don't offer?

Can you give an example of what you mean here? What averages would you like to compute?

Also, I want to mention that If there is any features you would like to see in Unity Analytics, please consider submitting them to our Feedback Request site:
    https://feedback.unity3d.com/forums/unity/suggestions?category=analytics

4. enchiridion

enchiridion

@ap-unity
    What are the best tools to use, what do most game companies use? There is literally zero information on the internet regarding what tools to import the Raw Data to.

Let's say I want to get the average amount of deaths in level 1 of my game. Formula would be number of unique deaths/total deaths*100, but there is no such thing as unique deaths.

Let's say I want to know how many of my total player base has reached a specific level in my game. While I will be able to know the amount of players that achieved this, I have no total player base to compare it to.

Overall I just find it strange that there is information and documentation about implementing Unity Analytics but pretty much no information about what to do with the data you get or how to interpret it.