Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How many Unity3d Users From India?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UnityCoder, Apr 5, 2012.

1. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Hello Friends,

I am a Unity3d developer and using unity3d since last 2.5 years. I want to know that how many people from India using Unity3d and what they are doing.:)

2. Meltdown

Meltdown

No idea but I like curry and I like unity.

3. JogwithAJ

JogwithAJ

Did you have to say that?

----
    I am from India but I don't live in India right now. I have been using unity for 2 years. Currently, I am making my own game.

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

What's wrong with what I said? Indian cuisine is my favourite food.
    Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Go write some code or something.

5. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Note that the poster is not the OP and probably not indian. this "oversensitivity" is kinda silly.

Btw I lived in India for a year and the Indian food is great indeed!!

6. JogwithAJ

JogwithAJ

I didn't mean for that to portray that I was offended, I meant it in a cocky fashion as in "Did you have to say that? Because we already knew that!".

@yuriythebest - I am actually Indian.

7. Tizon

Tizon

+1 i am just getting started with unity3d :D
    browsing the tutorials, references and stuff to get familiar with it :d Actually downloaded it 3 months ago but just got time because of my college. Hope it will be fun :D

8. Meltdown

Meltdown

How on earth would you knew I like curry? :D

9. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Hi Tizon, Good Morning,
    Welcome to unity community, I tell u one thing that unity is very good engine for making games. U can find any solution from this community. Even people in this forum are also very friendly.

10. Heu

Heu

who doesn't! :d

Meltdown likes this.
  11. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Oops :)

12. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Ok guys, just relaxed, dont mess with each other. I started this thread for to know how many users from India. Waiting for many more to come.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  13. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

I show that currently lots of user from India are active in this forum. So come on guys, write something about u, may be in future we can make Unity community (India).

14. shaanbhaya

shaanbhaya

well i m...and i like burgers

15. Khyrid

Khyrid

If India is approx 1/6 of the world's population, does that mean 1/6 of Unity users are from India?

16. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

I remember when this thread started. Was it really necroed because of burgers?

If only it was as simple as that. That would only be true if either everybody in the world uses Unity or the same percentage of people in every part of the world use it.

17. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Just to add my opinion: I think curry freaking rocks. Indian culture is pretty great too. There's a few indian developers around and if you can make the effort to communicate well in english, you are welcomed with open arms (probably because most of us are not smart enough to speak your language!)

From what I can see, india is a rising force in game development. It's still in it's infancy but using something like unity is the smart choice. Tip: charge more money. I'm pretty sure the west can afford a few more roupees :p

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    Deleted User and Voxel-Busters like this.
  18. SevenBits

SevenBits

I know, Hindi is one strange language. I've watched Bollywood movies a few times, and I've never understood what it is their saying. Then again, I don't speak Hindi. Also, the last time I ate curry, I hated it.

But if you make an effort to speak understandable English, you will be well received, just like hippocoder said. Shouldn't be that difficult, as India was once a British colony, and nowadays schools and most government business is conducted in English.

19. wolfstien786

wolfstien786

I'm from India too :D ........ Happy to join the forum and to also use the most awsome game engine ever !!!! :D

20. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Mmmm I like a nice Rogan Josh with some Cobra.

Bombay potatoes are out of this world <3

Im getting a takeaway tonight. screw you guys.

21. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Hindi is not a strange language, but very easy to learn. As per ur reply "if you make an effort to speak understandable Hindi, you will be well received". Nothing is impossible.

About bollywood movie: I tell u one thing so many british heroines are trying in bollywood, some of them got chance. A very good example is : Katrina Kaif is also britisher.

Even british cricketers also desperate to play in IPL.

About Indian curry i cant say anything, because its all ur choice.

22. Meltdown

Meltdown

ROFL

23. SevenBits

SevenBits

That post was sort of intended as a joke.

24. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Because nowadays in corporate sector English became common language for conversation in India.

Bollywood movies comes with English subtitile because not only Indian people see that movie but world wide people see bollywood movie. In bollywood movie u find so many English words or sentences in all movies.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  25. frank45

frank45

Yup indians are really striking on unity and i am one of them....!!:)
    Infect everyone is striking on this awesome game engine..!!No doubt about that..!!

26. IUDG

IUDG

27. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

india here working in game company :chennai .currently 6months experience in unity3d .unity3d is best in this world.no chance for other engine to overtake unity.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  28. BlackPanda

BlackPanda

Off Topic:
    And because not all Indians are Hindi speakers. There are a lot other languages here.

Okey so..
    Hi everyone! add me too to your gang.. :p Coming from Kerala, India. All hail Unity..! :D

29. zDemonhunter99

zDemonhunter99

I like how you just necroed a post which is 2 years old... But meh.
    Yes, I'm a 16 y/o Indian indie game developer. Not the most elegant coder, but heck, I can get the job done. Been using unity for a year now.

Pretty much every state in India speaks a language of its own and there are 30 states at present. Do the math.

TIP: Never watch Bollywood movies. They are complete, utter bullcrap. I stay away from them and prefer Hollywood (except for Twilight maybe).

Deleted User likes this.
  30. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Hi zDemohunter,

Its very old thread (almost three years old) and even i forgot that there is some thread which i started. So i think in these three years so many Indian joined in Unity3d Forum. So C'mon guys explore yourself.

@zDemohunter
    I think its 29 states in India.

31. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

...would normally close for necro, but since it's a thread about building a community, I'll let this one sit.

32. zDemonhunter99

zDemonhunter99

Hey don't look at me. I'm not the one who necroed it...

@UnityCoder
    29 states + Telangana (newly formed) = 30.

33. Dabeh

Dabeh

Well, I have a little asian and Indians are asian..does that count?
    Thankyou, can't wait to be with my fellow asians.

34. urvashi412

urvashi412

I'm from india.. recently started using unity3d.

35. Aparant

Aparant

I'm from India...been using unity for about a year now, Up till now just experimenting with unity, trying to get the basics. Not made any current game yet. You can check some of out my stuff on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcgEfCJZVjv08TMcM3uaAvQ

36. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Fixed that for you. ;)

Seriously, at my first IT job, we had a few Indian developers. At lunch one time, we got to talking languages, and probably had one of the more fascinating lunchtime conversations of my career so far. Pretty much, each of the Indian developers was from a different region, and as a result spoke very different languages. Interestingly only two of the three were actually Hindu; one belonged to a local religion that I had never heard of prior to that (and, have never heard of again, as the name of said religion escapes me.)

Even though this world is a small world, in some ways it's very big, and to some of us at least undiscovered.

37. A_never_kill

A_never_kill

INDIAN with proud.

38. BlackPanda

BlackPanda

:D That is true. India is somewhat like Europe, geographically and culturally. Beyond some 300 km radius it's an entirely different culture, people and language. Though that has it's own downsides, It's pretty surprising how we stay as a single country! :D

jt1993biz likes this.
  39. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We are from India and using Unity from past 4 years.
    From past 6 months we are working on couple of plugins and soon will restart our work on games :)

40. Batman_831

Batman_831

I am also from India, found "A Amazing Game Engine" (Ofcourse Unity) about 2 yrs ago. I love game dev.

UnityCoder likes this.
  41. ostrich160

ostrich160

Nothing like a good curry. Its Korma night tonight

UnityCoder and Meltdown like this.
  42. justinjkj

justinjkj

We need a trainer of Unity 3D VR and AR technology for an E-Learning and game design company situated in New Delhi, India. Interested person please contact us: - +91-11-47286804 OR 8750980034.

43. justinjkj

justinjkj

Any Unity 3D Developer from New Delhi, India?

44. TheKing009

TheKing009

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yeah It's me!

ANYWAYS, I am a school student of 16 with a mind full of ideas, who lives in New Delhi, India. I have been with Unity and Blender 3D for 1 year now and I am pretty much good at game development (only my programming skills suck XD:D). I am currently working on one of the several ideas that popped into my mind.

46. jt1993biz

jt1993biz

hi i am too from india,,, guys need help,, I am confusing which to select unity 3D (fees rs.25,000) 1-2 months certificate course in IACG hyderabaad OR 1 year diploma in game development (fees rs.150000) in backstage pass hyderabaad, which to choose, honest review needed?