Search Unity

How many Blender Units per Game World Unit ?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Spudgunner, May 28, 2011.

1. Spudgunner

Spudgunner

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find any precise answer. I read that the audio engine uses 1 game world unit = 1 meter (real world). So its a good idea to work to the same scale with models. Any idea how many Blender units = 1 game world unit (1 meter)? Or better still, is there a Blender add-on which forces it to work in Unity's equivalent of meters?

2. Dantus

Dantus

Honestly, I never conciously thought about that. Probably because it is very easy:

1 Blender Unit == 1 Unity Unit

This should be true as long as you don't scale the models in Blender's Object mode. But you could easily test it by creating a sphere in Blender. After exporting to Unity, you may add a sphere collider. The sphere collider will need the same size in order to fit exactly.

3. JogwithAJ

JogwithAJ

actually no it's 1 blender unit = 2 Unity units.

so each unity unit = 0.5m

4. Jessy

Jessy

Where did you come up with this misinformation?

A unit is a unit. Use the Scale Factor on the importer if you want a size change.

Where? I don't know where world units would have an effect on audio, outside of the Doppler setting, which again, is in "units".

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  5. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Just adding a note here for other users. When adding a cube in blender it is NOT 1x1 in blender units. It is 2x2, and will thus also be 2x2 in unity. I think that may confuse some.