Search Unity

How do you advertise your app?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simone9725, Mar 27, 2016.

1. simone9725

simone9725

I ve started this thread to talk about app promotion.Which site do you think is good to spread your app on the web? And which one is less expensive but it makes a good service?

2. zoran404

zoran404

There's a few of those threads every week... I guess it makes sense since games can easily get lost in a big market.

Honestly I don't think investing a lot of money in marketing will pat off unless you're a big company.
    Best you can do is make the game spread by the word of mouth and through places on the internet where gamers gather.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. darkhog

darkhog

I'd contact mobile games review sites such as TouchArcade, etc. At most you'll have to provide a review copy (if they ask you to actually pay for a review, don't do it - it's a scam) and it'll have much bigger impact than any advertising just because on the web most people are using adblock. Unless you have big enough budget to do ads on classic media (radio/tv/street billboards), where people can't (yet) use adblock-like technology, it's better to not buy ads.

4. simone9725

simone9725

Yes I had a not good experience with StartApp I spent 50$ To share a paid app the number of download is always 0

5. N1warhead

N1warhead

Honestly, the best way to advertise is word of mouth. Make a great game (not a crappy one). If it's really that fun, people will tell their friends to try it. if it sucks, then word of mouth is your worst enemy lol.

6. simone9725

simone9725

Well I try in this way but the download didn't increase for example if the app is free is easy people if they want they could download but if is paid apps it's hard

7. N1warhead

N1warhead

@simone9725 - Welcome to the world of Mobile games.
    I'd rather go to another planet (PC,Steam,consoles) than ever again in my life go back to Mobile markets.
    If I ever went back to Mobile market, it would simply be to port my game over and hope for the best, not to count on a success.

I've tried mobile market twice, each time no downloads either.
    So, that's my 2cents onto the Mobile World.

8. simone9725

simone9725

Well with the fisrt one I reached 450 installs
    It' based on unity tuttorial Hat Trick then I'm improved it

I'm not sure the other support ps3 wii PC I think it's hard to run with big companies that work on games form year

9. N1warhead

N1warhead

Nice I've never had more than 50 installs for Mobile, so I just left that area permanently lol.

Well honestly, the PC market is still your best option.
    I'm not sure what game engine Stardew Valley (2D) game was made in, but the coding was C#, so I'll hope Unity lol.
    But nevertheless, within a MONTH of release he (a single person) - made over 6 MILLION DOLLARS. (before Steam fees whatever they may be).

So the money is there if that's what you're after, just so long as your game is fun and unique.

10. simone9725

simone9725

Well I mean according to your experience where do you post a PC game?On steam??

11. N1warhead

N1warhead

It's up to you, I mean I would yes, but I don't know everything.
    So some games may not be proper for steam, I know the community can be rather harsh in the greenlight process if they don't like it, believe it that they will tell you and vote no. And sometimes you'll get no votes from other devs that feel like you're competition.

It's not easy to get on steam, but more than likely if you can, the ones who voted yes are already potential customers, not nessessarily, but potential customers because they voted yes and thought it was worthy to put on Steam.
    However, there's no gurantee you'll ever get on Steam in the first place.

But with that being said, I'd google for alternatives as well,so you can design a strategy (not a plan) but a strategy.
    E.G. - a multifaceted plan.

12. derkoi

derkoi

Facebook worked for me. If it's something people find appealing then they'll like your page.

simone9725 and N1warhead like this.
  13. simone9725

simone9725

Which is your App?

14. Estelle1224

Estelle1224

You can run ads on some relevant forums, platforms of social medias.
    Besides ads, you can also conduct app store optimization.ASO, which aims to boost app ranking in app stores. The higher the ranking in the app store is, the easier the number of app downloads increases. When searching for an app, users often reference the ranking of the app, because this will be a guide and standard to decide if they are going to download the app. And data shows that over 70% users download an app by searching in app stores, So aso is one of the most effective ways to promote app. If you know little about is ,there are many sites about aso, Such as Forbes, ASOtop1,Buildfire, Appsamurai and Appsamurai. It's really worth to have a try.