Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How do i share the analytics with my customer

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Bruder, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruder

Bruder

Hi All,

I have a 'plus' Unity account and using Analytics.

I want to share this data and dashboard with my customer (it is his project), how can it be done?

megadavido and mliukka like this.
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Bruder,

To view a project's analytics dashboard, you simple need a Unity ID and be a member of that project.

You can sign up for a Unity ID on this page:
    https://id.unity.com/

After they have created an account, you have two options. You can either add them to your project or you can transfer the project to them. Since this is a client's project, transferring it to them might be best for you.

To transfer the project, simply have them add you as a Manager to their organization. (When you create your Unity ID, a default organization is created for you. It has the same name as your username.) You can manage organizations here:
    https://id.unity.com/organizations

org-add-member.png

Once you are a Manager in their organization, you can now transfer the project to them. You would do so on the Settings page for your project:
    https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/projects/

transfer.PNG
    Now they have access to this project's Analytics dashboard via their Project's page:
    https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/projects/

And if you no longer need access, it's simple to remove you from their organization.

erika_d likes this.
  3. aykiro

aykiro

I like the "you simply" followed by a bunch of tech-heavy convoluted steps requiring effort from other parties as well. Why not "simply" have the possibility of setting third parties as data viewers, like any other service allows to do?

Shawn_Flanagan likes this.
  4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Edit: This option is no longer available.

If you just need to share your dashboard with someone, there is only one step. You can add their unity account to your project. This can be done on the project page, under the Users tab.
    http://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. justaddice83

justaddice83

So just to clarify. There is no way for the customer to view only Analytics data from the web interface? And no way exclude pages like Cloud Build and Performance Reporting, which I REALLY DO NOT want to client to see... ?

Annoying to have to do raw exports if that is the only way. Even more annoying to have to reintegrate another analytics service...

6. justaddice83

justaddice83

Still waiting for an answer on how to share analytics with my customer...

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We don't currently provide role access permissions to the Dashboard, but it is on our roadmap. Currently you would need to perform a data extract (Pro version) and display the data per your preferences

8. ThomasLightweave

ThomasLightweave

This is very much a requirement for our business model, we would prefer not to reimplement the whole analytics interface just to show the data to our clients.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have the same critical need: to share analytics with my client without sharing our entire project.

10. thibouf

thibouf

Any news on that ? At least an Analytics read only permission would be great for a starting point ... Currently the lowest permission level (User) as really a lot of permissions you don't want to give to anybody ...

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@thibouf No additional news at this time.

12. thibouf

thibouf

ok :'(
    Thank you for answering anyway :)

13. Shawn_Flanagan

Shawn_Flanagan

Adding this functionality would still be extremely useful. I have clients who only want to see the analytics data for their apps I have built; giving them access to everything else on the Unity dashboard for that project is far from ideal.

14. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Shawn_Flanagan,
    I don't have any updates about this limitation. But I did want to get your input on what you would like to see in this feature.
    • What would be the ideal? And what would be the minimally acceptable version of this feature?
    • What specific data do you most need to share (DAU? Revenue? Custom Events?)
    • Which features would be the most beneficial for you: Data Explorer, Funnels, Segments?
    • Would a separate dashboard with a subset of metrics suffice? Or would you prefer the full dashboard with special access roles?
    Any feedback you can provide will be helpful in understanding your needs.

15. Shawn_Flanagan

Shawn_Flanagan

• Ideal would be the ability for the client to export the raw data of their own choosing at their own pace and time needs, without me needing to be an intermediary. The minimally acceptable version of this feature would be the ability to share a link to a raw data export. That way I wouldn't have to download every single day of data separately, attach them all to email(s), and manually send them to the client. If you need a visual example of what the raw data export sharing capability could look like, look at the way Unity Cloud Build shares links to builds to users without Unity IDs.
      Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 8.31.37 PM.png
    • The specific data my clients are looking for are all based on custom events that I set up. No need to export DAU or revenue information
    • The most beneficial features would be raw data export, followed by data explorer
    • A separate dashboard would suffice, preferably one where I could manually set it up to only show the specific subset of metrics that I would want exposed to the client

16. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

This is already possible with the Raw Data Export REST API:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsRawDataExport.html

In addition, one of our customers put together a tool to automate the export process:
    https://github.com/shinyshoe/ua2sql

They gave a talk at Unite LA 2016 discussing how they use the tool:

17. AM-Dev

AM-Dev

@ap-unity
    I've added a second account. But I can't get to the analytics dashboard with the added account.
    Please have a look at my settings:
    2018-06-04_ua-1.jpg
    With the added account I have access to this page and can click on the "Go to Analytics" button
    2018-06-04_ua-2.jpg
    Then this page comes up, but it's empty:
    2018-06-04_ua-3.jpg
    I've tested this in Firefox, Chrome and Opera. The page doesn't show any content to me. Do I need to change a setting in one of the accounts? Or is this a but? Or maybe it takes some time before the added account can access the analytics pages?
    Thanks

18. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

AM-Dev likes this.
  19. AM-Dev

AM-Dev

Hi @ap-unity,
    thanks for the info. That helped a lot. I could add a guest and they can see the analytics data. Exactly what I need.
    Cheers

20. HenrikLSP_IL

HenrikLSP_IL

This would also be a very useful feature for us. We don't want to give our clients view/edit access to our whole project. And having to manually write and send them analytics reports is extremely inconvenient. Raw data export is not useful for us.

The ideal would be if our customer could somehow access the Analytics dashboard in read only-mode to see graphs of metrics that we have set up for them. Minimal is the same as ideal. Clients' view of analytics should be as simple as possible.
    The only data we need are Custom Events.
    The only feature we need is the Data Explorer.
    The type of dashboard doesn't matter.

I see there is a suggestion for a new "Analytics Viewer" user role: https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/new-user-role-for-analytics-viewers
    I have voted on it. This, if implemented, would certainly work for us. Though it is probably not the only solution, which could work.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    mliukka likes this.
  21. mliukka

mliukka

@ap-unity This workflow is still very confusing to me. For me it's a very simple (and I'd imagine a very common) use case: a potential publisher requests access to my project's analytics data. I naturally do not want to add them as a DEVELOPER, and preferably not make them part of my ORGANIZATION - I just want them to be able to view the analytics. Do I really have to add them to my organization? This is a no-go, since (quote from the docs): "All Organization members can access all of the Organization’s Projects." I don't want that. What should I do to just give a specific person (email address) access to one project's analytics data, but no more?

HenrikLSP_IL likes this.
  22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

23. mliukka

mliukka

Thanks @JeffDUnity3D. That's a problem. Guess I'll be off integrating another analytics SDK then...

24. probitaille

probitaille

In Google Analytics, I can create an account for my client and give him access to specific data without access to my other projects. I want to do the same thing with Unity Analytics. Is this possible? I don't want to pay additional seat or give them access to data I don't want.

Also, is this possible to configure an automatic mail that can send, let's say every month, stats with graph to kept my client informed?

25. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

26. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

@JeffDUnity3D Hello, would it be possible to link a Unity game to 2 or more Unity analytics IDs? This can solve for me the problem of sharing only the analytics data with any possible customer.
    Let's say I have my personal organization with Unity services (analytics, remote settings, Cloud Diagnostics, IAP, etc.) and then I have another separate organization with only analytics, and I send the same events to both the Unity analytics accounts, but the second one only receives the analytics events without having access to the rest of services.
    This will save me the effort to integrate a third party analytics service only for the customers.

PS: I guess this is partially tied to this problem which was never addressed: https://forum.unity.com/threads/cha...ojects-with-multiple-clouldprojectids.365968/
    So I probably I should not get my hopes up. Oh, I made myself sad :(

27. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry no. Raw Data Export is the solution here

28. daville

daville

A public Link with a custom password to view would solve a lot of problems for us.

Something like when you share a private video on Vimeo, you give the link to your customer and generate a password and they can view the data.

ctherndon and AM-Dev like this.
  29. TFPolygon

TFPolygon

Indeed, just let me give my customer a link so they can look at the data.

30. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You can add the user to your Unity project. Otherwise you would use Raw Data Export and create your own view for the customer. We may add a read-only user to the Dashboard authentication in the future, but we have no immediate plans. I will close this thread now, this subject has been covered.

hippocoder likes this.
  31. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

A final add if I'm not too rude:

Perhaps developers are looking at the problem wrong, and the customer should have the Unity project and credentials. It's not difficult, not time consuming and then the developer logs into the customer's project, not the other way round as has been the thrust of this thread. Anything else does seem kind of suspect to be honest.

32. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Correct! To see the Dashboard, you need to be a member of the Project and Organization, for security.

hippocoder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.