Search Unity

How do I ask correctly?

Discussion in '2D' started by DGaetz, May 29, 2017.

1. DGaetz

DGaetz

I am looking for someone with Unity experience that could answer a few questions for me. I need to know how to start a project and am completely in the dark. I have money for this portion of my project but I can't seem to find a single person interested in selling a few hours of their time. Maybe I am asking wrong. Maybe this isn't the right place? Help, thanks

2. methos5k

methos5k

3. larku

larku

Others will be most willing to help if you explain in terse detail what you're trying to do, what you've tried already, what did work and what didn't work (ie, make it REALLY easy to help you). If you are overly vague and force others to drag the required info out of you, you'll likely just get rolled eyes.

The first thing that all willing to help you will say is: "First thing to do is head straight over to https://unity3d.com/learn - do all the tutorials.. all... three times if needed."

It's the absolute best head start you'll get.

Edit: and do not cross post the same thing in multiple forums here - most of us will be checking "new posts" and there's little benefit from cross posting.

4. DGaetz

DGaetz

The problem I am having then is that every video talks in much greater detail about several things that are far more complicated than what I am needing done? I would like to show someone what I currently have in hopes they may be able to better direct me. Thanks both of you, very helpful. Ill go back and try those tutorials tonight. Ill stick to 2d as it is all I need for this project

5. methos5k

methos5k

Turned out to be a request to make (or help make?) the whole game.
    For that, you can only :
    A) learn yourself
    B) hire someone / more than 1
    C) some combination
    :)
    Too much for me.. thought you just wanted to learn a few starter points of Unity lol ;)
    Hope it works out.. whichever way you choose.

6. DGaetz

DGaetz

Post added to the for hire area you suggested :) thanks methos5

7. methos5k

methos5k

Ah, good stuff. :) And np.