Well after messing around too much today with trying to get another video player to work (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/115885-Mobile-Movie-Texture) I gave up because of problems with audio sync. Which to be fair the was never promised. The good news from this testing is that in the digging into a solution, I found how to get the file descriptors out of the saved gameData.apk using the ZipResourceFile class that was introduced with the Android Expansion Files. Using this class, we should be able to redirect to the appropriate asset in the bundle easily without saving it outside of the gameData.apk. The problem is that I am going to need to REDO all of the work that the standard Unity media player does (and potentially more as I want to add hooks to control volume). However, that is my goal for tomorrow is to see if I can redo a good portion of the VideoPlayerActivity so that we can redirect the MediaPlayer to point to the correct dataAPK.