Search Unity

How can I create a Timeline that plays two (or more) animations at the same time?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by pateras, Feb 28, 2017.

1. pateras

pateras

I want to be playing a walk animation on one track, and have a second track with a wave animation kick in at a certain point. The NPC should continue walking, but they should also wave.

The second animation track totally takes over when I do this, even if I mask off everything but the waving arm (and in that instance the NPC falls down, since the legs are no longer animated). If I set the pre-extrapolate to none, the walk does fire until the wave is reached, but then it's 100% wave and 0% walk.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

2. gekidoslayer

gekidoslayer

Unity Technologies

Currently when you transition from 'gameplay' to timeline sequence, the entire state machine is replaced by the animations in the timeline track. We do not have masking in the current build, but it is being added for a future build. This will allow you to do what you are looking for - as well as have things like physics / IK etc apply on top of the timeline animation tracks.

3. pateras

pateras

Thank you. Can you give me a rough approximation as to when the feature will be available? It's an important one for us.

4. fong_wang

fong_wang

Is there any progress of this functionality?