Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malbers

Malbers

The horse is also getting the Poly Art Style because, why not :D:D!
    Horse-PA.png

S4G4N and wood333 like this.
  2. evilangel89

evilangel89

Would it be possible to extend this to other models as well ? Reason I ask is because my animals aren't low poly so I can't use your animals in my game other than the horses :( Could you give a few pointers as to how one would go about extending this for other assets if it's at all possible ? :)

Weblox likes this.
  3. julianr

julianr

Hi Malbers. Having an issue with Unity 5.6 with Cloth physics on the horses, causes a lot of errors to the point that FPS drops. Can you take a look? Thanks in advance.

4. Malbers

Malbers

I will take a look, meanwhile disable the cloth component :)

TeagansDad and julianr like this.
  5. insomniaunleashed

insomniaunleashed

hi malbers

i am much looking forward to version 3, love the asset so far, one request, ignore if not possible, but currently horse v2 is fixed to root directory Horse/*.*, is it possible that you could include the option for a dynamic path, ie i would like to store your asset at animation/horse. No problem if too much work, but it would help keep things tidy.

6. Malbers

Malbers

All My Assets are in the MalbersAnimations Folder.. HAP v3 will be too. and I will check if can be change dynamically so you can set it in any folder you want

7. TZYalcin

TZYalcin

Do you have an estimated time? Can we say before May or June ?

8. Malbers

Malbers

I will do everything I can to release it before June and of course after test it out thoroughly.

9. omarzonex

omarzonex

10. omarzonex

omarzonex

11. Malbers

Malbers

Hi omarzonex thanks for owning HAP,

can you tell me what unity are you using to see if I can reproduce this behavior, because this is a new one :)
    first time anyone has encounter with this issue

omarzonex likes this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Just Finish the Modelling/Texturing and Rigging of the Reins for Carriages/Cart/Wagons
    Horse-Reins-Carriage.png Carriage.png
    Carriage Courtesy of
    Carriage 18th century

omarzonex, Teila, TZYalcin and 4 others like this.
  13. virror

virror

14. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, I'm making prefab for wagons, carts and carriages ready to use, and easy to change the models, one of the samples I'm using is in fact that asset

Adrad and Teila like this.
  15. virror

virror

Awesome : )

16. Teila

Teila

Yay!! Can't wait!

17. blogsabout

blogsabout

Looks absolutely gorgeous.
    I have been using Mixamo's Horse anims, however getting a rider to match on top is causing some problems - I might have found the solution ;)

I'm about to buy, but would love to know if the following is including:
    1. Is it possible to have "blinking eyes" on the Horse?
    2. Is it possible to add own custom saddle/head gear? (and will it animate along with the horse?
    3. Is there an "eating" animation included?
    4. I intent to use the running anim+a custom rider in some Adventure Creator QuickTime event scene - is it possible to have the "player get on horse back" hidding, and instead just the riding sitting directly on the back and ready to go? (I suppose that should be able in the animation control?)
    5. How many polys are the mobile versions?
    6. How many polys are the high res?

Thanks a bunch,
    Cheers,

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  18. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!
    to answer your questions
    1. The horse doesn't have blinking Eyes, But nice catch, I will include it in V3.
    2. to add custom gear you will need to do it in a 3D software (max , maya etc), and skin it using the horse skin( in max using Skin Wrap can be easily done).
    3. eating animation is included in V3
    4. Dodge animations (Hide Animations) the thing is that they are none :( , but I put them in the queue to do it .
    5.The Triangle Count in the meshes are : (Polycount is half)
    ____ LOW ____ HIGH
    Horse: 1.700 ____ 3.000
    Hair: 520 ____ 7.981
    Saddle: 2000 ____ 2.500
    Armour: None 7400

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    hopeful likes this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

Western Wagon will be included in V3 :)
    Western-Wagon.png Western-Wagon2.png

20. blogsabout

blogsabout

Awesome work!
    - and thanks for the fast reply.
    Will I be able to make the eyes larger now in Maya without messing up the skinning? (I want to stylize the horses a bit)
    When do you expect v3 to be released?

21. Malbers

Malbers

you can change the horse as much as you want as long as you don't add any new vertex, edges or faces, otherwise you'll break the skinning.

HAP v3 is schedule for June, if I don't have any mayor setback.

22. magique

magique

Any chance we can get an intermediate version with the better support for Ootii and other 3rd person controllers?

23. Malbers

Malbers

The thing is @magique is that the stables integrations I'm making it with the new version, I rewrote the entire script in order to work well with the TCP, so the new script is in the new version 3,

I know is taking a little longer but I really appreciate your patience guys,

is really hard to find a common ground between all those TPControllers, I have to study thoroughly all of them..

the good thing is I'm learning a lot in the process .

I have Ultimate survival and Realistic FPS prefab in my power. so those integration are coming too

24. magique

magique

I understand that. I guess the part that sort of bothers me is that we're now seeing this horse & carriage additional work and it seems unnecessary when integrations are far more important. At least that's how I'm seeing it.

25. Malbers

Malbers

Yes... is very true what your'e saying, Integration are far more important.

But I'm making the foundations for all Riding features, so when I start cleaning the integrations there's nothing left behind.

May will be the month of the integrations that is what I have planned.

26. blogsabout

blogsabout

Thanks Malbers!
    Do you have any plan on including this in the Madness Sale any time soon?
    I think your work is what I need.
    The animations are normal animation clips, right? So I can use it with Adventure Creator, both for the player controller and for NPC animations?
    You mentioned that the Saddle and Mount can be changed in Maya - that would mean each saddle would have to be saved out with a new horse?
    I want the user to be able to change saddle - swap between saddles and see the real time change, similar to what you have in the UI, where it instantly swaps.

Feedback: I LOVE everything this package, some thoughts and input I have :
    One little thing that I noticed - when the horse is running, the forelegs are very far in front in the "widest position", making the pose very extreme, giving it a little "goofy" and stylized - almost like the Toy horse in Toy Story. In real live the legs bend a bit more towards the horse it self. The back legs are very bend, almost as if the horse is about to sit down too while running.
    This could be style you are going for, but it makes it a little less "realistic" to me.
    Just some thoughts :)
    Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Malbers likes this.
  27. wood333

wood333

I am wondering how you are handling the animations between the individual horse and the new carriage. If our player character mounts the horse he will play horse riding animations. If he mounts the carriage, he will still play the horse riding animations, unless, you have altered your scripts.

Will the new system allow the rider to play different animations depending on what he has mounted? Can we set this up for any mount we want to use, so each has its own rider animations. You do realize this would mean you have created a universal mount system that you could sell separately as such on the asset store.

Malbers likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

About the madness sale, they will be two groups, I hope to be in the second group starting tomorrow, I applied to the sale like every publisher, because Duh!:D

Yes, The animations are normal clips, so yes you can use it with aventure creator, but you need to know that the horse and rider need to have the animation synchronized.

the saddle yes, you can add more of them in maya, and skin them on top op the horse, (like i said in MAX there's a modifier called Skin Wrap that automatically skin a mesh on top of another mesh and "Steal" the skin weight so is very easy to add armour, props, and not have to make the entire skinning process) I'm sure in maya there's something similar

Recently I was watching on youtube walk/trot/run cycles of horses, I definitely need to upgrade the animations, but in the future :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  29. Malbers

Malbers

I made a new set of animations for carriages/cart/wagons , because like you said, the animations played when the rider is mounting anything are the ones for the horse, with the animals works a 80% of the time, but when is on the carriage it doesn't work at all, just the idles(minus the one that pets the horse).

and Now that you said it I could add in the future, more animations for cars/choppers/ planes/ and I can create an universal mount system... that will be a magnificent asset :D.

but there so much to do and so little time, animals, dragons humans :p

wood333 likes this.
  30. blogsabout

blogsabout

Awesome! Will drop by the Asset Store tomorrow.
    Thanks for the tip in Skin Wrap...did a seach and there is a feature in Maya called "Wrap" that is similar!

Sooo true!
    :p

Malbers likes this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

32. blogsabout

blogsabout

Great work Malbers!
    I guess what I just bought - the first day on sale..can't wait to play with the it!

Malbers likes this.
  33. Malbers

Malbers

NOW is my turn!
    upload_2017-4-24_10-10-18.png

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    blogsabout likes this.
  34. blogsabout

blogsabout

Pretty hard to beat! Can't believe how much content in this pack (Horse animset pro)
    Keep up the great work Malbers!
    Cheers

Malbers likes this.
  35. Teila

Teila

Great job with the carriages! Will the animations for the character hopping into the carriage work for 3dForge's wagons too? Love yours but they won't work well in my medieval setting. :)

36. virror

virror

Good question : )

Malbers likes this.
  37. Malbers

Malbers

Yes they will work!
    I made the Seat at the same distance as the 3dForge's wagons :)

Teila likes this.
  38. Teila

Teila

Fabulous! Thank you. :)

Malbers likes this.
  39. virror

virror

Nice : )

Malbers likes this.
  40. virror

virror

You said the new version would come with a price update (totally understandable : )), if i buy this on the sale now, how would it work with the new version, i think you said something about an upgrade fee, but how does that work with the asset store?

41. Malbers

Malbers

For all of those who have the asset before the upgrade, the cost of it will be $15.

After the upgrade is out the whole assets will cost 60$.

42. virror

virror

Cool. But how will that work for the asset store? They dont support upgrades, right?

43. Malbers

Malbers

yes! they do, when an asset have 1 year on the store you can make a paid upgrade, and set the price, is like a new asset, the old horse gets deprecated, I mean when some search for the horse it will appear the new asset with the price 60$, but for all previous owners of the asset the price will be 15$

44. virror

virror

Ohh, i had no idea! Maybe they added that since last time i heard about it (long time ago : p)
    Great to hear, will get it now on the sale then ; )

Malbers likes this.
  45. Malbers

Malbers

Done!
    now the final step: Integrations

HellPatrol, LudiKha and Adrad like this.
  46. MrG

MrG

Looks very good, with a few observations (meant to be encouraging...please don't take offense):
    • Head and neck animations for turning are over-exaggerated in general, and especially so when running. At cantor speed and higher it should be more of a body lean and a wider turning radius (dampened rotation), particularly when pulling the wagon, meaning the wagon should dampen the turn, forcing an even wider arc than without. He doesn't have to "look through the turn" with his head so much.
    • When the horse rears up, he looks at the sky when he should keep focused on whatever is down in front of him that he's reacting to in attack or defense. Ever watch a horse kill a snake? The back and neck are arched forward for aiming the strike. Horses will bite too.
    • Bow draw and aim aren't right: bow needs to be held higher so the arrow rest is at eye level and draw back should be toward character's ear, not armpit. The arrow aim is clearly not on target and would miss high and wide-right.
    • Seems the long reins and tack for attaching the wagons to the horse are missing...maybe they're still in the works?
    • Camera whipping is too abrupt in the video...calm down by half and let us have a good look, please.

47. wood333

wood333

The hand gripping the bow string is drawn back against the cheek. This is called the "anchor point." This way the archer can feel and know that the bow is drawn the same way for a consistent shot.

Malbers likes this.
  48. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there @MrG thanks for your Observations I will take a good consideration on what I can Improve.
    • Turn animations can be adjusted in the animator, so they are not so exaggerated, in the video that is the highest limit, also the physic rotation/Turn for the whole system(Horse+Wagons) and be adjusted too for wider or tight rotations.
    • I didn't understand quite well the 2nd one..
    • Watching some references, I see it now, I can improve the animations and held it higher a bit, thanks, the arrow aims, depends lot from the angle of the camera if the camera is align with the arrow direction it should look fine, but that can also be adjusted too in the Combat system. the bottom line is when the aim dot is... that where the arrow will go, (behaving like an arrow of course, not like a bullet).
    • Yes the reins are still in work, I'm still figuring out how to make them generic for every type of cart/carriage/wagon as stated on the video.
    • The camera.. sure, is just me playing around and recording.
    but again thanks for your observations.

upload_2017-4-26_9-29-59.jpeg

49. LudiKha

LudiKha

Phenomenal update!

Malbers likes this.
  50. MrG

MrG

Ear...cheek...whichever, but armpit is definitely wrong and that's what I'm seeing in the video.