Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malbers

Malbers

After I finish the fist pack of low poly art animals, my modeller will make the realistic version too.. so there's that!

julianr, BackwoodsGaming and one_one like this.
  2. Teila

Teila

I hope you will make a decent sheep! lol I have looked everywhere for a sheep with a few more animations than the ones included that doesn't look half dead or have weird feet animations. I even wrote to two artists who make animals to request a better sheep. One was rude to me, and the other said..Yeah, and then never made one. That was quite some time ago. :)

3. Alex3333

Alex3333

You make a new pack ?? And you have solved the bug with ufps multiplayer ? When I bought the asset , you wrote to me that it will work in the new update. However, it took several months , and it's not working.!!! I'm disappointed. -( Just didn't have then to write it , I'd buy another asset or spend the money on something else.

4. magique

magique

I'm trying this out with Ootii's Motion Controller and Camera Controller, but having a small issue. The Ootii Compatible component is expecting an Orbit Rig, but my character has the Adventure Rig camera. Am I supposed to make a separate camera specifically for riding the horse?

5. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys I'm moving so I have no internet at least for a week
    I'm making first forest pack I have all rigged, and I'm finishing all the animations they are 50 per animal, all the basics I could think of. Low poly art style.
    What type of sheep do you need, and what style?

Hey Alex sorry you feel that way, its true I haven't work on the horse and fix the compatibility with UFPS but here's why:

The horse even though is great and has a lot of animations I only sale 10-15 horses in a month and every month is dropping the sales more and more, so I need to keep making more assets to have a little decent income, I have on the list after the forest pack the next update of the horse, including the sounds, the wagon/cart/carriage pulling, the fighting while riding, and the polishing of the integrations.
    another thing is that Opsive is working on UFPS 2 and is changing everything starting from the core. so every integration now wont work on the new update.
    I don't work on the assets full time, I wish I have, but I try to do my best, to keep everybody happy. but is a little bit difficult.

You can always polish the integration or make a new one, a better one.

hey @magique , the only thing that the ootii compatible do and all the compatible scripts is change the camera target from the player to the horse and vice versa, the method is called when the rider mounts and dismounts, just change the variable type from orbit rig to adventure rig camera, and check the target variable to be the one who is taking the new values.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  6. magique

magique

Great. I'll give that a try. There are other issues though as well. The example Ootii scene doesn't work at all. When you mount the horse, the character just goes off to the side and into the floor as if he's mounted there. Also, the character is able to push the horse around by bumping him and if you bump and jump into the horse a bunch of times you can actually get the horse to bounce into the air and then float off eternally into space.

7. Malbers

Malbers

Checking now with the latest ootii version (that's one of the occupational hazards ;), every new update make break the integration)

8. Teila

Teila

Absolutely! This is what happens when we have these great asset developers who just keep adding free stuff to their packs. I mean think about it....if an asset store developer sells a pack and then adds more and more and more, it rarely leads to more sales. It is as if he/she is giving us a free present!

I would happily pay extra for upgrades! I will more than happily wait patiently for these great additions, more than I expected when I bought the asset. :)

@Malbers I wish I had a use for low poly animals, but unfortunately I do not. I would buy them otherwise. :)

As for the sheep, just a regular sheep, semi-realistic would do. I am using 4toons semi-realistic animals and would need something to fit into that style. No hurries though. A sheep and maybe a matching ram are a staple of a medieval landscape. I am surprised more people are not asking for them. :)

BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Did you get some warnings about missing animations parameters? like this one?
    Parameter 'L2MotionParameter' does not exist.

UnityEngine.Animator:SetInteger(String, Int32)

if that is the case, just add it back to the animator

10. magique

magique

Yes, and I discussed that with Ootii developer and got those resolved. The issues I had are unrelated to that as they are still happening.

[EDIT]
    Actually I'm not sure about one of the issues. I don't know if I added those parameters into the test scene character's animator, but they are added to my own character animator. The issue I am definitely still seeing in my own scene with my own corrected character is the pushing the horse and eventually getting it to bounce in the air and sail off into oblivion.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  11. Malbers

Malbers

I was trying the character to stop pushing the horse by adding more mass to the horse rigid body but Ooti has is own physic and that does nothing.
    I will keep trying

12. magique

magique

He was telling me that it would be necessary to make any rigidbodies as no gravity and kinematic, but my thought was that the horse probably needs that. But maybe not. But I actually tried that myself by making the horse rigidbody that way and it still acted up when the player hit the rear legs. So perhaps there are more rigidbodies in there somewhere.

13. andonsky

andonsky

Invector 3rd Person Controller was recently updated to 2.0 and though this update has new amazing features this broke the Horse compatible invector script. can we expect an update to this script? We would be most grateful :) Muchas Gracias.

wood333 likes this.
  14. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

llJIMBOBll and Malbers like this.
  15. Malbers

Malbers

Sorry Guys I was away this week, but I'm Back.

Here's is the update for the Invector Compatilbe Script.
    Code (CSharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. namespace Invector.CharacterController
    6. {
    7.     public class InvectorCompatible14 : vThirdPersonInput
    8.     {
    9.         bool ismounted;
    10.         void LateUpdate()
    11.         {
    12.             if (ismounted)
    13.                 CameraInput1();
    14.         }
    16.         public void isMounted(bool ismounted)
    17.         {
    18.             this.ismounted = ismounted;
    19.             tpCamera.ChangeState("Riding", ismounted);
    20.         }
    22.          void CameraInput1()
    23.         {
    24.             if (tpCamera == null || cc.lockCamera)
    25.                 return;
    26.             var Y = rotateCameraYInput.GetAxis();
    27.             var X = rotateCameraXInput.GetAxis();
    28.             var zoom = cameraZoomInput.GetAxis();
    29.             tpCamera.RotateCamera(X, Y);
    30.             tpCamera.Zoom(zoom);
    31.             // tranform Character direction from camera if not KeepDirection
    32.             if (!keepDirection)
    33.                 cc.UpdateTargetDirection(tpCamera != null ? tpCamera.transform : null);
    34.             // rotate the character with the camera while strafing    
    35.            // RotateWithCamera(tpCamera != null ? tpCamera.transform : null);
    36.             // change keedDirection from input diference
    37.             if (keepDirection && Vector2.Distance(cc.input, oldInput) > 0.2f) keepDirection = false;
    38.         }
    39.     }
    40. }
    The other Steps are the same,
    Remember to add a Riding State,
    Activate Keep Active
    and keep active the invector compatible script.

That's All

16. Malbers

Malbers

Hey magique Did you solve the issue with the ootii MC? if not can you show some video or screen shoot?

17. magique

magique

No, I never got back to it because I really didn't have any ideas and other things were taking priority. But I do need to get back to it eventually.

18. Malbers

Malbers

I made a blank project with ootii MC and HAP, use the cowboy as the model and worked okey, I still have no flying horse into oblivion, just the weighltess horse, I mean I can push the horse easily with the character, but besides that everything look fine

19. magique

magique

The issue isn't automatic. You have to push it and jump into it all around it to get it to happen.

20. Malbers

Malbers

21. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Well, I have not gone and tried to create my own horse from scratch yet. I'm waiting for your documentation update. At some point, I may or may not set up being able to use weapon(s) while riding the horse. Plus I want to summon the horse when walking around, so I don't have to go find one.

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  22. andonsky

andonsky

Thanks @Malbers the script worked well. Once I changed the script, just had to delete the InvectorCompatibleEditor script and I was good to go :) Again, thank you so much.

Malbers likes this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys : Im going to visit Galapagos In Ecuador! So I will be offline this next week
    See ya all when I get back!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    wood333 and hopeful like this.
  24. wood333

wood333

When do we get the Galapagos tortoise animation pack?

Malbers, Teila and pixelsteam like this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys I'm back!
    Amazing trip!!

Now, I'm back on the horse:

I will build it from the ground up with the new things I've learn this year to make it more optimized.

I Started working on Horse 3.0 so here is what I want to include so far:
    -Sounds (Working now on this)
    -Realistic FPS Integration,
    -Cleanner and more Stable Integrations with other TCP and FPS (Stable UFPS integration).
    -Wagon/Cart/Carriage.
    -Mine Craft and Poly art models

Fight while mounting (I will try to use the Damage system of every TCP integration if it has one. (Invector && Opsive))
    -Sword
    -Spear
    -Gun
    -Rifle
    -Get hit/kill while mounting.
    - Call Horse

-Video tutorial of how to use any horse model with Horse Animset Pro, from 3DsMax to Unity.

If I'm missing something...

throw me more ideas.

Cheers Malbers

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    llJIMBOBll, Szaruga, John-G and 2 others like this.
  26. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Are you go to have multiple horses like the wells fargo stage coach?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/corporate/stagecoach/

27. Malbers

Malbers

pixelsteam likes this.
  28. hopeful

hopeful

Probably it's not in scope for the things you are considering (and those are all good things), but ... winged horse ... :)

Malbers likes this.
  29. Sarrivin

Sarrivin

That's awesome! Please add all standard fantasy/medieval options, so also bow shooting while mounted and spellcasting :). Wagons/Cart/Carriage with 1 or 2 horses strapped together, that's also what I'm looking for. I need a caravan system working with AI waypoins and player navigation control via NavMesh.

Malbers likes this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

Maybe I can squeeze the pegassus on this next big update, the thing is that I'll need more time though ;)

31. hopeful

hopeful

Whatever works out best. :)

Malbers likes this.
  32. Alex3333

Alex3333

You continually receive the warning forever!!

Parameter 'JumpCurve' is controlled by a curve.
    UnityEngine.Animator:SetFloat(String, Single)
    PhotonAnimatorView:DeserializeDataDiscretly(PhotonStream) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/Views/PhotonAnimatorView.cs:444)
    PhotonAnimatorView:OnPhotonSerializeView(PhotonStream, PhotonMessageInfo) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/Views/PhotonAnimatorView.cs:538)
    PhotonView:ExecuteComponentOnSerialize(Component, PhotonStream, PhotonMessageInfo) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonView.cs:509)
    PhotonView:DeserializeComponent(Component, PhotonStream, PhotonMessageInfo) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonView.cs:355)
    PhotonView:DeserializeView(PhotonStream, PhotonMessageInfo) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonView.cs:340)
    NetworkingPeer:OnSerializeRead(Object[], PhotonPlayer, Int32, Int16) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:4103)
    NetworkingPeer:OnEvent(EventData) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:2394)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:156)

33. txarly

txarly

Hi,

Nice and useful asset.I am thinking to buy it but what about Realistic fps integration(rfps)?

Thanks

34. keifyb

keifyb

i couldn't get ufps and the horse's woking multiplayer style,any tutorials?

35. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Guys Im rewriting the code of the horse to make the new features with the new thing I learned this year, eliminating the that Parameter 'JumpCurve' is controlled by a curve.

UFPS and RFPS prefab integration are my main priority

I'm not working on new assets , or updates for old assets, just the Horse; and of couse my dayjob.

So please be patience.

Tutorials will come.
    and stable integrations for UFPS.

Note:

There are two main important things to make an integration with any TCP or FPS controller.

1*
    -The Riders scripts need a riggid body, a collider and an animator component, attached to the same game object to work, along with the script componet of the TCP/FPS controller.
    - The mount layer need to be added to the Character Controller animator (Button mount layer)
    - Riders script need to deactivate all Script that manage the movement from the TCP/FPS controller, to take controll of the character while mounting, and give it back while unmounting that is why the keep active is for. (Deactivate some of the script will cause to malfunction on the whole controller (Ex Opsive TCP), you can leave those active, just deactive those who manage the movement).

2* - Change the camera target from the horse to the rider and viceversa, that is what the integrations sripts are for
    (Opsive Compatible, Invector Compatible, Ootii Compatible... etc)
    That is the only thing those scripts do, every TCP have is own way to manage their cameras.

But the thing is that UFPS is more complicate.
    Opsive Team is upgrading to UFPS 2 and it will use the standards for the TCP controllers, (animator, riggid body and collider components in the same game object, along with their scripts controllers).

Again if you have a tight shedulle on your games you can try to make it work for your controllers.

Cheers
    Malbers

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  36. andonsky

andonsky

Can we have a follower Horse? One that just follows the main horse perhaps ridden by an NPC, and perhaps a path for a horse to follow?

Sarrivin and Malbers like this.
  37. Alex3333

Alex3333

Good afternoon. We have a player with other size settings. And it turns out that the camera is above the main (the other position) . And when the player gets off the horse , the camera turns on and is in the body of the player. How can I change the settings in the main camera of the player once you get off the horse??

38. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @Alex3333 are you talking about the UFPS integration? I'm rewriting the horse code to make it easier to make the mounting fighting combat and the integration with all the others 3rd party assets , so current configuration will no longer be useful . Sorry for the inconvenience

39. crm2002

crm2002

I just got your asset and having trouble with custom model falling through terrain when dismounting horse any help would be gratefully welcome

Malbers likes this.
  40. Malbers

Malbers

try scaling up the horse a bit,
    I believe when your character is unmounting the feet go under ground.. try that and get back to me

41. crm2002

crm2002

tryed that did not work still and not working

42. crm2002

crm2002

Got it to work reimported asset and scaled model not horse but thank you for responding so quickly and the asset is going to save me so much time and looks great

Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks to you for your support

happy Riding

44. Alex3333

Alex3333

I understand what you are trying to improve and rewrite everything. But prompt in what direction to go about the camera ??? I don't have the new version , I old and need help.

45. magique

magique

Don't forget about Ootii. It would be great to have the ability to ride and shoot arrows as well as use the new sword & shield pack that is coming out shortly.

46. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Alex the reason I haven't so low support with UFPS integration is because as you may know and I said in the forums: I did not make the integration @clarson2974 help me with it.. I just checked it lightly to see if worked, and it did but didn't go deeper than that.

Now I making a better code for integration with the others TCPs, along with the fighting while riding animations, sound, basic AI, .... and I will integrate with the combat systems of each one of the TCP(Ooti combat packages (
    ), Opsive TCP, Invector meele). Also Adding Realistic FPS Prefab Integration.

Opsive is finishing UFPS2, which uses the same standard for all TCPs, and I talked to Justin and he will be releasing it the first beta by the end of February(hopefully), the same date I believe I will be finishing my new combat update. so this new version will be easier to integrate.

I'm sorry to disappoint you with UFPS1, I will try to make it up with UFPS2, I'll make the integration myself.

if you have some questions UFPS1 integration, I think @clarson2974 can assist you.

Kind Regards
    Malbers

TZYalcin, Hans, John-G and 1 other person like this.
  47. Szaruga

Szaruga

THIS ----->
    and... further support for ootii integration... please :)

Hans and Malbers like this.
  48. Malbers

Malbers

Optimize Horse Animator V2 vs V3
    Horse Animator 2.png
    V3 Same structure for all Animals (tiger and his friends)
    Horse Animator 3.png

hopeful, one_one and Teila like this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    John-G, hopeful and 99thmonkey like this.
  50. Malbers

Malbers