Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

can we get a status update on the update release and what the next will include ?

2. Malbers

Malbers

I already Upload it V2.1.... Waiting for be approved ;)

• All horse Now have Dynamic Strides (Hands on Strides), Hair (With unity Cloth System) Deactivate Cloth Component if you don't need it.
    • Fix Small Bugs, Animator Transitions Fixes, Animations Clean Up,
    • Input Parameters are now on separated Script.
    • Integration With Invector Locomotion Basic
    • Integration with Mister Necturus Horses. (Downloadable by his asset)
    • Basic UFPS integration.

3. Teila

Teila

This is fabulous!! Thank you. :)

mr_Necturus and Malbers like this.
  4. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Actually new versions was already uploaded and maybe download. ;)

Teila and Malbers like this.
  5. Teila

Teila

Are they are your website as well? :)

6. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Yes sure. You are welcome to download.

7. Malbers

Malbers

Wait guys until version 2.1 is release :)

mr_Necturus and Teila like this.
  8. Szaruga

Szaruga

Hello
    I have a problem with swimming.
    In my project, the water in the rivers is slightly inclined, it causes the horse drowning or floating above* the water, any advice?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Humm Good catch,
    The thing is when the horse enter the water I make him stay straight with Up world vector,
    I will change that to the normal of the water...

I already upload it

wait for the Update
    :)

hopeful likes this.
  10. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, these fast updates are amazing.

I saw you mentioned possibility of integration with Motion Controller.
    Is there any official integration or tutorials to work with ootis pack?

Many thanks

Malbers likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

No there's no official video yet to integrate with ootis, I need to make some time for that integration ..
    these two next weeks I'm working on a animated video clip so I will be a little slow on the updates new releases.
    patience guys

12. Szaruga

Szaruga

Malbers likes this.
  13. Malbers

Malbers

Update is out guys!

14. hopeful

hopeful

Yup, downloading ... :)

15. Szaruga

Szaruga

I dis so:
    1 - create new clean project
    2 - import Third Person Controller Basic v 1.3
    3 - import Horse Animset Pro v 2.1
    4 - integrated in accordance with the instructions
    and... camera does not rotate in state riding

16. Alex3333

Alex3333

You wrote to me, that will make the UFPS integration Multieplayer in the upcoming update. But the list of updates it is not!

17. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Alex, the multilayer feature is on alfa, there still some issues that we need to fix, I upload a basic ufps integration as I put on the description. There still a road to go, please be patience.

You always can modify the integration your self to your needs, or make a new one

18. Malbers

Malbers

For the controller basic you need to use the invector integration 1.4, I know is a little tricky with the names but Invector's team changed a lot between the basic and melee controller.

If your using the basic controller, unpack the integration 1.4

If your using the melee controller, unpack the integration 1.3

Cheers malbers

19. Szaruga

Szaruga

Integration 1.3 when i using the melee controller - it works!
    but...
    For now i use basic controller v 1.3 and integration 1.4:

and the camera does not work.

Attached Files:

20. Malbers

Malbers

did you create the "Riding" state in the invector's camera?
    and adjust the Riding camera state setting
    something like this:
    upload_2016-9-7_10-31-41.png

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  21. Szaruga

Szaruga

Yes of course

Attached Files:

22. Malbers

Malbers

Change the height to -1.5 and the distance to 4

23. Szaruga

Szaruga

I tried... i tried the other settings, and does not work.

24. Malbers

Malbers

Humm that's weird,
    -I create an empty project,
    -import both assets and open the sample scene ("Invector Horse Basic Template") included in the Invector compatible folder,
    - added the mount layer,
    - added the Ridding camera state
    - set the values

and work fine!

one question ... no errors in the console?

25. Szaruga

Szaruga

I also do it on a clean project.

2 - import Third Person Controller Basic v 1.3
    3 - import Horse Animset Pro v 2.1
    4 - integrated in accordance with the instructions:

and... camera does not rotate in state riding
    There are no errors in the console.

26. Malbers

Malbers

Did you try opening the "Invector Horse Basic Template" scene?
    upload_2016-9-7_11-45-48.png
    There's all set up in that scene, except for the mount layer and the camera riding state
    try that and tell me.

27. Szaruga

Szaruga

Attached Files:

Malbers likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

I need to Update the video :)!, but the video is for the old @Invector Melee template, the basic template is a little different, when the next update (1.4)of the melee is release, both will use the @Invector compatible 1.4 Setup.

Try adding more distance to the riding camera state something like 4, that should stop the shaking

29. Szaruga

Szaruga

It did not help, shocks are all the time, but in all states (except for the default)
    Maybe the problem is on the side of the InVector?

edit//
    I noticed that the problem lies in the fact that in the state other than deafault, the camera continually switches between the current and the default

Malbers likes this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

Humm intersting, lets see what invector says abou it

31. Szaruga

Szaruga

Once again from scratch:

2 - import Third Person Controller Basic v 1.3 (without shocks in 3rdPersonController-Demo scene)
    3 - import Horse Animset Pro v 2.1 (without shocks in 3rdPersonController-Demo scene)
    4 - unpacked InvectorCompatible1.4 (without shocks in 3rdPersonController-Demo scene)
    5 - run "Invector Horse Basic Template" scene ( there are shocks )

32. Malbers

Malbers

@Szaruga : I change the solution:
    Changue the InvectorCompatible14.cs to this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using UnityStandardAssets.CrossPlatformInput;
    5. namespace Invector.CharacterController
    6. {
    7.     public class InvectorCompatible14 : vInputType
    8.     {
    10.        void Start()
    11.         {
    12.             cc = GetComponent<vThirdPersonController>();
    13.         }
    15.         void LateUpdate()
    16.         {
    17.             CameraInput();
    18.         }
    20.         public void isMounted(bool ismounted)
    21.         {
    22.             cc.tpCamera.ChangeState("Riding", ismounted);
    23.         }
    25.         void CameraInput()
    26.         {
    27.             if (cc.tpCamera == null || cc.lockCamera)
    28.                 return;
    30.             // mobile
    31.             if (inputType == InputType.Mobile)
    32.             {
    33.                 cc.tpCamera.RotateCamera(CrossPlatformInputManager.GetAxis("Mouse X"), CrossPlatformInputManager.GetAxis("Mouse Y"));
    34.             }
    35.             // keyboard/mouse
    36.             else if (inputType == InputType.MouseKeyboard)
    37.             {
    38.                 cc.tpCamera.RotateCamera(Input.GetAxis("Mouse X"), Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y"));
    39.                 cc.tpCamera.Zoom(Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel"));
    40.             }
    41.             // joystick
    42.             else if (inputType == InputType.Joystick)
    43.             {
    44.                 cc.tpCamera.RotateCamera(Input.GetAxis("RightAnalogHorizontal"), Input.GetAxis("RightAnalogVertical"));
    45.             }
    47.             cc.RotateWithCamera();             // rotate the character with the camera while strafing
    48.         }
    49.     }
    50. }
    and the delete the InvectorCompatibleEditor14.cs

In the Keep Active just Keep InvectorCompatible14 active

try that and get back to me

If that solutions works to you too, I will upload it as an official solution :D.

33. Szaruga

Szaruga

34. Malbers

Malbers

hopeful likes this.
  35. recon0303

recon0303

Hi, I bought this asset awhile back, and I see you supporting many different 3rd person controllers.. Sadly I do not see Motion Controller. Unless i'm mistaken. Is there any chance this can happen in the future??? If not no big deal, I can do it myself. But still would be great to see this great asset , with Motion Controller as that is also a great 3rd person Controller. !

Malbers likes this.
  36. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I am using Gravity Twist Controller as Player Controller and well it's also not supported.
    I think for Malbers it's a lot of work to make the Horse Asset compatible with every controller out there. Specially because you buy the the Horse Asset always after having a Player Controller in the Project , and you can have so many different controllers. So it make sense starting with the big ones.

I also hope to see GTC supported in the future, but Horse updates should always have a higher priority from my point of view.
    Anyway nice update Malbers! Also really eager to see wagons in upcoming updates and your big rideable dragon or next creation you spoiled some time ago :)

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  37. hopeful

hopeful

If you do create a motion for MC, please send it to Tryz so it can go in the Vault. ;)

recon0303 likes this.
  38. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

+1 this... I mean how hard is it to get your controller to work with your other assets? I'd much rather seeing him spending his time actually working on HORSE stuff for the pack than wasting time working on every single character controller out there. We are game developers. Shouldn't it be our job to make whatever assets we choose work with one another? heheh I see too many asset developers fall into this trap where people just want a "make my game" button.. :p

Looking forward to the cart/wagon pulling and all the other horse stuff @Malbers.. Personally, I'd love to see the other stuff moved to your "if/when I have extra time to burn" list.. heheh

If you do end up falling into the scope of building support more more controllers, I do agree with going with more established controllers that you know get good support before putting a lot of time into new controllers that may or may not be around long. I'm another Motion Controller user. Tim supports his stuff well and I don't think it will go away any time soon. But like I said, my preference would be more horse features. :)

39. Malbers

Malbers

Hi guys
    Eventually I will make the MC integration too but like @Shawn67 and Ronny said, there are still more important stuff to do first like the wagon/cart/carriage pulling and the combat while riding, and finally the pegasus, in between of those mayor features I can squeeze some new integration.

Cheers malbers

Teila and recon0303 like this.
  40. recon0303

recon0303

no need to be rude about it.... its not hard at all to do as I stated.... I can do it , but it saves time and money...and since we see all the others being integrated as well, to helps... He can say I don't want to do it or i'm to busy and that would be fine... But to sit there and add rude comments is not really needed...

Guess what Shawn, some of us can make this asset to, but we like to support certain developers and it saves money and time just to buy it.... So it goes both ways...

41. recon0303

recon0303

I will do it this week, and sent it to Tim..

hopeful likes this.
  42. recon0303

recon0303

Don't worry about it, I will do it myself... I just seen you added all the others, and thought maybe it could be added to the list since you seem to do all the other 3rd person controllers.. I will do it this for my game, and send it to Tim for the vault. Not a big deal .. Thanks anyways.

PS: That is why I said add it to a list, or maybe the future... Not sure if you read that part or not..I understand and didn't ask for it right this second:0 /cheers.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  43. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I agree in the point of mentioning other controllers to make the author aware of creating a support in near future.
    But I don't think that Shawn wanted to be rude or somethin like that. Normally Shawn is a pretty active guy in this community with great ideas and great usefull assets (as I am aware of) ;)
    I am in the same situation as you, that "my" bought controller is not supported out of the box. That's why I already talked with Malbers and the author of my controller to make the asset work together. And well it worked after some scripts and informations.
    I think that Shawn just wanted to tell you that Horse Updates have a higher priority for him as support for every / or other Player Controller (because there are so much different ones).
    I don't own Motion Controller but I always was interested in this asset and also talked a lot with Tim about it in the forums. So I am also looking forward for your Vault addition. Thanks for your time and effort making it public and sending it to the Vault / Tim.

Cheers
    Ronny

recon0303 likes this.
  44. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

My intent wasn't to be rude, just realistic. It just seemed that integrating character controllers was something more than a horse asset needed. But then I saw @Malbers mention mounted combat in the pipeline so it seems he is doing more than just the horse. I'm in the same boat you are in. I use Tim's controllers (and camera) as well. So I'm left out too but I was looking at this as just a horse asset. If Malbers is going to do other mounted stuff it would definitely be good to maybe at least have some hooks if not integration. At any rate, I apologize if I did come off rude and if anyone got offended. :)

Thanks @RonnyDance. This is exactly it. I work with a lot of publishers as well as work on my own assets probably more than I put time into my actual game. I can't count the number of publishers I work with that get distracted with requests that are totally out of scope of the project because people want that magic "make my game" button. In this case, based on what I said above about Malbers latest post as far as what is coming next, I was in error since this isn't just simply a horse asset. To be honest, it has been a while since I had time to load it and play around with it and I really never even bothered with the rider stuff since I just needed horses in a field. So again, I apologize if what I said was out of line and came off as rude. :)

45. recon0303

recon0303

So that was suppose to be nice?? ok..

If you read, I was just asking...and if it wasn't not a big deal.. Respect goes a long ways my friend.. I respect everyone, until you show me otherwise.

Sorry to the developer for derailing your topic.

I have worked with Game development for over 30 years and Unity for over a decade, so I know, ..We buy these assets, which are easy to do...Many of them are... But we do it to save money and time.. I never ever buy 3d models, ever.. This was my first one I ever bought in 30 years. So .. Again if I can help a developer I do, but we figured to ask, asking does not hurt.. So if the developer said he didn't have time, like he did, then, that is fine.

I think many developers can make these assets but end up buying to save money and time, which is common , same reason people like me, and other developers get hired by AAA and some indies to do Freelance work , or contract .

So we are all into it together in some form. SO I try to help other people as well, not have my ego get in the way ..

Anyways. He is not adding it, since cart pulling is on his list. So we will add it and just add it to the Vault for MC users not a big deal. Thanks anyway's

PS: I only asked since I seen that he supports nearly every other 3rd person controller.. Otherwise I would of never asked. I have worked with many people from investors, to people from the asset store. So not sure what that had to do with being rude..anyways i'm over it..

I been around on this forum and been helping plenty of developers to know that no asset will not have any " so called "Make a game Button.....I also learned Game development, back when Commodore 64 was around, when people today have You tube....Which I did not have... We had to learn by doing it, my first game engine was Torque, then UDK,and some in house EA stuff. So I rest my case there about the whole " make a game button.."

I also spent over 6 years in college to get my Master's degree..

Sadly yes this forum tends to have alot of this attitude here, where people think assets" make a"games button, so I get that but you have seen me around long enough to know I never ask for this... nor did I Shawn...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  46. recon0303

recon0303

Ya it is alot of work, just figured to ask, just incase it was not mentioned or if it was planned.. Just wanted to ask, just incase, we did it, then out of the blue its supported...Which has happen with other assets.. Which is awesome but always like to ask, so I don't waste my time adding it myself.

Anyways, I have no interest in carts, or dragons, but sounds really cool for those that need it.. /Cheers.

Malbers likes this.
  47. Teila

Teila

I spent some time reading the forum for Motion Controller and I think he shied away from integrations with 3rd party assets, which makes sense because it means updating constantly when other assets update. :)

Controllers are updated so often that it might be a lot of work for Malbers to keep updating for several different controllers. Could be a full time job in itself. lol

However, Opsive, Oooti and Invector all seem like very stable controllers and would bring sales to Malbers. So probably worth it. :)

I tend to be critical of all the third person integrations myself....until something comes along that integrates with something I love and use a lot. Funny how that happens. :p

Malbers and recon0303 like this.
  48. recon0303

recon0303

Ya I don't blame either of them, I have said this before I respect these developers that is for sure, I refuse to sell any thing we made right now, maybe in the future, its to hard to make games, support, develop assets , support, Free lance, support.. These assets help many of us, so they have my support and respect. They also deal with a lot of crap from people, as we do when making games from people who don't understand. Its nearly impossible to support every asset for your own asset.. If it was me, I told some people to jack the price up, some of the assets in my opinion are to low for the amount of work they put into them.

but you are 100% correct Teila.

Malbers likes this.
  49. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

will there be sounds when the horse walks in an update?

Malbers likes this.
  50. Malbers

Malbers

I'm very humble that I'm the first model asset that you bought in the long time, @recon0303,

Tim and I exchange assets to make the integration a few weeks ago, Is in my trello cards after the wagon feature,
    but it should be so hard, I found a common path between all other 3rd person controller, is pretty much the same in all of them,
    - add the 3rdpersonRider controller
    - copy the mounted layer,
    - make some integration script for the camera change while riding
    - keep active the important scripts in the character controller. and NOT the ones who are in conflict with the rider controller.

and that is,

of course, all the 3rd persons controllers has their owns ways to make it work.. so there's always some custom changes to each one of them.

but I will definitely add the otii integration!! ;)

Sounds yeah! I will added in near updates, I get so cough up in new animations that I forgot how important are sounds too :D.