Search Unity

Horror Hospital - Halloween Asset Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by screenracer, May 21, 2016.

1. screenracer

screenracer

Asset Store Link: Assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/63235

While October is still a few months away, now is the perfect time to start working on that horror game for Halloween!

This asset pack is loaded with objects! It has 56 level spaces, 10 background audio loops, 17 sound trigger objects, and several dozen objects that can be placed in your world. Most objects are simple static objects, but several are rigged and animated.

All of the models are optimized for mobile, even the demo's use Forward lighting to demonstrate the look of the space. Most meshes use a custom shader, and if you plan on targeting other platforms I would suggest to change the materials to the unity 5 standard mat.

Web Player Examples:

Example Level
    I was able to create this world in about an hour using the prefab room objects. The prefab rooms have pre-placed objects that you can remove replace with anything in the object prefab folder. This example is only using about half of the room objects included with this pack.

Sounds+Objects
    In this demo you can preview all of the sound triggers, background ambient sounds, view all of the animated scare objects, and view most of the standard placed objects.

All Environment
    In this demo, you can fly around and check out all of the rooms are included with this asset pack.

No FPS objects or scripts are included with this package. I used the simple prefab included in the UFPS package to build the demo's.

plugin-container 2016-05-21 00-40-30-32.jpg
    plugin-container 2016-05-21 00-46-06-47.jpg
    plugin-container 2016-05-21 00-44-45-78.jpg
    plugin-container 2016-05-21 00-45-42-55.jpg
    Unity 2016-05-21 00-48-54-40.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Gozdek likes this.
  2. Gozdek

Gozdek

Looks creepy :)
    Nice.

screenracer likes this.
  3. screenracer

screenracer

Thanks! I just uploaded a new video. I recorded several areas in the example level seen and I ran though the object scene showing most of the placeable objects.

4. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Nice work

screenracer likes this.
  5. screenracer

screenracer

Thanks! The package was just approved and is now in the asset store. Happy Halloween!

6. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Could not resist and bought it.

screenracer likes this.
  7. screenracer

screenracer

That is awesome, thanks b4. Email if you have any questions, and whenever you finish your project, Please share it with us.

8. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

Hi i imported to Realistic rfps Prefab and in some rooms the main camera stays stuck only looks around and cannot move around.

9. screenracer

screenracer

I have not used that package before, so I can only guess. Make sure you place the object above the floor. Also make sure the collision is small enough to go though the doorways. Also, if your scene has my old fps test object still in it, delete it. It could be messing with your camera object.

I got an email last night too with the a question about the fps object. It was my part of my test fps camera. It should have been deleted. Please just delete any camera objects that still exist in the scenes. Also one of the pre-fab light objects need a matrial fix, I'll be addressing that this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

10. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

Ok i got it to wok by selecint all files and items in the scene mode and changing the layer to world collissions but in some spots like small spots or near doors the player stops walking and only allowed to move mouse around.

11. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

i got this from rfps prefab developer.: Your player's Capsule Collider is probably getting stuck on another collider in the map. When this happens, pause the game and inspect the area in the Scene view. You may need to adjust colliders around the sticking points or add new, invisible colliders to prevent the player from moving too deep into them.

12. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

It happends alot in like corners of doors or near objects...

13. screenracer

screenracer

I would agree with with the developer. Perhaps make your capsule even smaller to avoid hitting the door frame. I also wonder if a collision material is needed on all of the world collision and set to be very slick for your particular fps package?

14. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

how can that be done? the world collision material ?

15. screenracer

screenracer

Create a new physics material and set all of the friction properties 0 or near 0. Next in your scene do a search for object with "_col" and select them. Now you can click on the physics material where it has none. Select the target next to the blank and apply your new material. Let me know if this fixes your issue, and if so I'll update the package with this same change.

16. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

sorry not understanding how to do this...

17. screenracer

screenracer

Tonight I'll be able to explain this better when I'm at my desk. Unless someone has any links to share on what I am talking about.

18. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

ok thanks

19. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

ok i found out that if i add the flooring to the room it does not do that... and if i look around in a corner the player third person character digs in the floor so it looks like a flooring problem or something... the character gets stuck in the floor and cannot move.. i did added a floor collider and it does not do error... is there a waster way to fix this other than adding floor by floor?

20. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

Nevermind its still doing the same thing... it freezes when near doors, objects and walls...

screenracer likes this.
  21. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

With UFPS i can walk the whole maps without issues the problem i have is that some borders show white lines. Any advice on how can i get rid of those lines?? Also i'd like the asset to be more modular so we can make our own rooms.

screenracer likes this.
  22. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

You have to move the rooms a little closer to them that will get rid of that..

screenracer likes this.
  23. TofuS

TofuS

Hi. As I am new to programming, before I purchase, I was wondering if all demo scenes are included as well in this package as I would want to learn how the scripts are attached to objects etc in providing the great features such as light failing from ceiling or background music changing etc.

screenracer likes this.
  24. TofuS

TofuS

Nevermind just purchased it! Wasn't able to see the package content on my mobile web browser. Great asset man! Awesome examples!

screenracer likes this.
  25. screenracer

screenracer

Try this, select everything in your scene with the name "_collision" and apply the collision material to it. The creator of fps asset you are using just emailed me back today. I am sending him my asset pack to have him follow up with me. But in the mean time, I hope this helps.

_Collision.jpg

Attached Files:

26. screenracer

screenracer

A fix I use is simple. Set your camera sky/background to be just black. All of the windows use a fake cube map or flat black to simulate sky.

27. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Perfect

28. TofuS

TofuS

Hi there. Ok now I was wondering how about would you go in saving player prefs for jump scares scripts etc. Like saving and loading progress of gameplay. I have been able to save players location from examples found online so when I exit game and click on load I am able to Load where the player left off, but the jump scares will all be reloaded again aswell. It doesn't save the progress of you already going through that area so if you go back through a certain area that you have been already, the scares will pop up again lol. If anyone could direct me in any way that would be great!

29. screenracer

screenracer

Sorry, the scripts that are provided are very simple and do not have a saved trigger state. You might need to create a script that tracks them and if they have been triggered trigger them when the level loads perhaps? Sorry I can't be better help. If you find a solution, please share it with the class! :)

30. Ceremony055

Ceremony055

can you give us apk ?

31. screenracer

screenracer

Is there an free/easy fps asset pack to create a first person character to create a demo? If so I can create one quick.

32. Ceremony055

Ceremony055

33. steeloblk

steeloblk

Hi,

really great asset!!!

Just wondering what are your future plans for this asset? Do you plan to create other assets like these which can be purchased and added on (modular) or is this simply a stand alone project?

thanks

34. UDN_814bc401-7037-4cb5-9878-f57c7eeca2f9

UDN_814bc401-7037-4cb5-9878-f57c7eeca2f9

Hi
    I do not work the FPS when I work in android (build settings). Any help please?
    I get to see the camera on the scene but the FPS does not walk, neither walk nor move.
    I tried the zip file (collision) and it does not work either
    Thank you

35. allaner

allaner

Are textures good if used with 1920x1080?

36. mjemerson

mjemerson

Will this asset work with Unity 5.6 and / or 2017?

37. screenracer

screenracer

I do not plan to update or add anything at this time.

One issue that the pack has when downloaded is something in this pack is corrupted. No idea how that happened because I don't have access to the unity servers... But one user left some great feedback on how to fix it: "Okay, so I deleted the nice_room_end.prefab and the correlating meta file and the editor runs without a problem"

I just replied to unity support asking if they have a backup. Anyway, beyond the above issue, the rest should import fine.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  38. GOMAking

GOMAking

Horror Hospital (Mobile Ready!) What is the license?AseetStore license? :)

39. screenracer

screenracer

Thank you for your interest, but I am sorry this asset is no longer available.

It was built for unity 3 and overtime updates made a few of the prefabs difficult to us. I also removed the rest of my assets on both the Asset store, Turbo squid and our 3D Autosports website. The time needed to properly support all of our assets was starting to cutting into my game production time. So I had to make the hard decision to take everything offline.

40. GOMAking

GOMAking

I already purchased Horror Hospital, I want to use it by modifying, but is it okay?

41. screenracer

screenracer

Yeah, that is totally fine. Feel free to email me directly if you have questions. :)

42. GOMAking

GOMAking

Thank you!:)

43. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

HI and sorry for this necropost. btw i purchase this asset at the time and saved the unitypackge on my hard drive but really never used it..now i tried to open it in unity 5.6.5( didnt tried newer version since afik this original asset is really old ) but i get error on import it and unity crashes

44. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

it is no longer available :(

45. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

if i get ufps i will be able to add back all the missing scripts?