Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hololens Browser

Discussion in 'VR' started by FabiKawaDev, May 15, 2017.

1. FabiKawaDev

FabiKawaDev

Hi Guys,

does any one of you know how to integrate a website (where you can interact and play videos) into an app for hololense?

Or is it possible to deplay the app on the homescreen next to the other holograms, so that i can use the default edge browser?

Cheers Fabi

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

It sounds like you want to have a XAML app that can launch a browser window?

FabiKawaDev likes this.
  3. FabiKawaDev

FabiKawaDev

Hi Wesley,
    Thank you for your reply :)
    Yeah Right i wont to have a browser window next to my 3d avatar hologram. It cant be a 2d App. Both should be in one Application.
    I have also tried the plugin (https://powerui.kulestar.com/), but it cant display browser properly (espacially images videos etc.)
    Is it possible to interact with the Edge browser inside the application?

Cheers Fabian

4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

That is something I don't think you can do based on knowledge I have with the current released code and HoloLens OS, but I could be wrong.

I think you might need to have your browser inside the app, that might be a easier venture.

5. FabiKawaDev

FabiKawaDev

Yes i need a browser inside my application. I have also tried the plugin powerUI https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10374 but it has problems with displaying websites.

Do you know any plugins or solutions for InApp browsers for Windows Store Applications?

6. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

sjsj7226 likes this.