Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

thanks! :)
    update: Fungoid is now finished. It now has a complete set of animations and some blend shapes.

We'll complete our office switching this week end. So the character might not be available right away... so much to take care of... please, bear with us... :)

Enoch and nasos_333 like this.
  2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

cool, looks great. Very nice animations.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks you Raj

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Gorgon is on her way. Sorry for the delay to get an update on that one. Busy on some other matters....
    Here is the still version of the model in Sketchfab. Model is modeled, unwrapped, textured, rigged, and skinned. The old set of animations will be re used and tweaked, some new animations will be added as well.
    Hope you guys will appreciate the improvements on the new version. Rig has also been heavily optimized: more than twice as less bones as V1.

Cheers! :)
    More to come soon.

montyfi likes this.
  5. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Awesome!!!! It looks amazing and I'm so glad you optimized the rig too!

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

great upgrades :)

cant wait to see more :), what is next in pipeline ?

7. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

TeagansDad and PROTOFACTOR_Inc like this.
  8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks, Next should be some more creatures from the Greek mythology included in Volume 1: Chimera and harpy.
    Thanks for the credits @ Raj looks awesome! :)

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

finally the animations are in. Tomorrow the upgraded version should be live and the new upgraded version of Volume 2 (with fungoid and gorgon) as well.
    Will keep you guys posted.
    Here is the newly updated sketchfab viewer:

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Gorgon is now live on the asset store.
    Volume 2 V2.16 is live as well with a price raise at $285.90.
    Download links have been sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Next in the pipe is Chimera. high poly model should be complete today.

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there!
    Update: Sorry for the wait wanted you guys to be spoiled with the game ready version right in a Sketchfab viewer. The low poly model is now textured, rigged, skinned and is currently in animation step. It will be ready early next week most likely. As you can see it's a redone from scratch version of the model.Higher polycount, higher resolution textures, higher fidelity materials. Hope you guys will appreciate the upgrade.

Once this one is done it will be time for Harpy to get upgraded.
    Cheers and have a great week end! :)

12. Enoch

Enoch

That looks awesome. I so want you to do a were-lion model now and add it to the were-pack.

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

glad you like this model. Making a werelion wouldn't be that hard... the only issue is that is kind of too niche unfortunately... Wouldn't sell as well as some other stuff... ( check out were / mutant lion figurine from Papo, this one looks really great: http://www.papo-france.com/en/produits/fiche-357-lion-mutant)

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there! Chimera is now live on the Asset Store: buy it now!

Next will be the Harpy ( we stay in the Greek mythology a bit...)
    Have a great Thanksgiving US folks! :)
    Next update on Monday hopefully.

15. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Wow ... That is amazing! How did I not see this thread update? Anyway, this is just incredible. You did an amazing job on this upgrade.

16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

By the way, have you udated the volcrate yet or is that still in the future plans?

17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey Raj, volcrate hasn't been upgraded yet. This one will have a minor upgrade. The geometry will stay as is. just higher resolution textures, PBR support, root motion support. and the legacy texturing will be rebaked. no ETA for that one yet, sorry.

18. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... No probs. Was just curious.

19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Harpy is on her way, flapping around... Model is currently rigged and skinned and is in aniamtion state. Creature has been redesigned from the ground up. Hope you guys will appreciate the huge improvements. Here is the posed version in a sketchfab viewer:

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Updated the sketchfab viewer with all the animations in. Still need a second polish pass on some of the animations before it's ready for the shelf.

Have a great week end!

21. hopeful

hopeful

The peacock feather hair is an interesting touch. Something about the colors / style on this one reminds me a bit of a Renaissance era painting or late 1800s illustration.

22. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to use this one on my current project.

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I will definitely take that as a compliment. The great masters from the Renaissance have always been a great source of inspiration. The Greek antiquity as well.
    Glad you like this new upgraded version! Thanks for the kind words.
    Update: Harpy is now live on the Asset Store.
    Download links for Chimera and Harpy have been sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 is currently being processed by Asset Store Servers and should be live later this afternoon.
    Next will be 2 creatures from Volume 2: most likely Volcrate and Barghest. Those 2 won't have a total redesign, mostly PBR support, higher definition textures, root motion support. The legacy texturing will be tweaked accordingly.

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Forgot to mention the V2.18 with upgraded Chimera and Harpy will have its price jump to $297.90 instead of $285.90. You can save $12 if you get it before the update is live. Most likely later tonight.

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Volcrate is pretty much done. Just need to tweak some few things but that's pretty much it. This one only needed to have its animation set retouched with root motion animations. Materials count has been optimized 3 instead of 4, we combined the gear within the main body UVs.
    Here is the upgraded version inside a sketchfab viewer:

Model should be ready tomorrow.
    Hope you guys will notice the improvement, design and color scheme was kept but with some heavy improvements.

26. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Those are some really nice improvements.

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you appreciate the imporved version of Volcrate. The Legacy textures have been improved as well, it'll be looking better in your great project. Hope it's still doing good! :)

Update: Volcrate is live on the Asset Store!

Next will be a little update to a character from Volume 1 which has already been upgraded. Looks like customers need a not mature version. Sucks when art has to be censored for those reasons. Might sell better as well though. So here it is, next is Harpy with breasts partly covered with feathers. It's still possible to show some skin, right??;)
    Once this is done, Barghest will be upgraded. (just a simple upgrade, no total redesign)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Harpy V2.1 with covered breasts variation is now live on the Asset Store. Mythological Creatures Pack V2.41 is also live with this new variation. V2.181 of Creatures Full Pack Vol 1 is currently being processed by asset store server and will be live later today.
    Here is the updated Sketchfab viewer with the covered breasts:

Version 2.181 also include an important update: all the animations of all the characters have been set to use either generic or humanoid rig system. Every single animations have been set up accordingly. So basically the pack should be ready out of the box for people who opted to use the mecanim animation system, they should be vast majority by now.

We'll be updating all the sub packs and individual models as well soon. This might take a bit of time since all need to be uploaded and processed. thanks for your patience.

29. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@rosor The harpy with exposed breasts is still in the package, right? I haven't got around to updating mine yet, and I don't want the "censored" version.

Some people would have a conniption if they looked at the original 1977 Monster Manual...

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Don't you worry, both version are included. :)

TeagansDad likes this.
  31. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hi Rosor,

Is these any chance you could update the lizardman some time in the near future? I could really use an updated version of him for my current project.

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Funny you ask for that one specifically. it might be that one and not sure the other one from volume 1 for the next volume 1 update. i've been waiting a long time to upgrade that one. full of ideas, have a clear vision of how it's going to be. this one has definitely been itching me.

Rajmahal likes this.
  33. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Awesome. I'm sure it'll be fantastic. If you could do me a huge favour and make it a humanoid rig, that would help a lot as I can then give him different weapons with different animations and make many variations for my game.

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I can't make any promises on that unfortunately.

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Btw, After taking a closer look at the Barghest we decided to give it a little face lift. If we had just added the PBR support, model would have been just OK. Here we did some adjustements to the proportions, reworked the fur, made the head scarier, retouched to the body muscles all while keeping the same "design".
    A sketchfab Viewer should be ready tomorrow. Model is rigged, skinned, just need to do the Albedo, Specular, glossiness, and legacy texturing.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  36. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Here is the sketchfab viewer for the Barghest. As you guys can it still need the root motion variations. It should be done pretty quickly. Model will be ready early next week. Volume 2 will also receive the huge big update Volume 1 received with the animation system set up to either use generic or humanoid.

Hope you guys will appreciate the improvements.

37. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... like the bigger head.

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Lizard warrior is on its way. Here is an early Sketchfab viewer:

Currently in animation stage. A few animation are already in, still need quite another bunch of those. As you can see it's a total redesign on that one. It was one of the oldest model in our library... It's all shiny and new now! :)
    Hope you guys will like it. As you may now All our content is currently at 50% OFF this model as well obviously. You can get the old version now and receive the upgrade for free or just wait till this new version hit the store.
    It will be ready most likely next week.Cheers! :)

39. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Wow ... That looks amazing. Hige improvement.

Any chance you could include bow and arrow abimations so I could use him as both a melee and missile unit? If not bow and arrow, perhaps just a single spear throw animation? I can then give him a javelin and have two variants ... Spear for melee and javelin for ranged

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep, maybe a throw spear animation and a spit animation for range attacks as we won't add any bow animations. These guys are too rudimentary. We'll be also adding some few morph targets for customisarion.

Rajmahal likes this.
  41. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah ... WOW ... a big change! And a very nice looking model. :)

I'm glad you kept the tongue attack. It's unique. And now we have that flaring collar thing too ... which is awesome!

I'm probably most interested in the unarmed attacks, like the tongue and hiss (breath).

As for the tongue attack ... how are we to interpret that? Is it a blunt force hit, or is it a sticky tongue that draws prey back to him, for a catch and bite?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I was thinking that can be used in multiple ways for sure: simple hit. catch small prey. Catch specific parts of an armor. Can be fun to have this attack strip down an armored hero. there goes your helmet etc ... stuff like that.
    Glad you like the new version of the model, as said before, this specific one has been itching for ages, feels so good to no longer scratch around it!

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Updated the Sketchfab viewer with almost all the included animations. Also added a demonstration of the morph targets

44. hopeful

hopeful

The body morphs are cool! :)

Is that done with bones or by blendshapes ...?

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

glad you like them. Those are simple morph targets or blendshapes for unity. 8 total, so you can do a few combinations. Not sure if we'll add some tint variations as well. The volume 1 might get super heavy...

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Lizard Warrior animations set is complete! :)
    Check it out.

@Rajmahal : The throw spear animation is in, as you can see however. It'll look odd if not paired with an extra set of unarmed animations... We might add an unarmed set of animations as well down the road as an update to this specific character. This way once the spear is thrown it can still be there and fight with its claws and tongue.

47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That's perfect! Don't worry about unarmed animations .... I can make it work with just these. Can't wait for this one. It and the dragonide will play a huge role in my next game.

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, to add some variations unarmed and tomahawk animations could be a nice addition. Will certainly happen down the road. I like these little guys. Glad
    Decker to hear they'll find a spot in your project.

49. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... I'll take and use whatever you can make for them.

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Lizard warrior V2.0 is currently being processed and should be live in a few minutes. It's currently available at 50% Off until December 31st.
    Next on the list will be Cyclops. This one will have a total redesign as well. He'll most likely still be using a humanoid rig but with a total redesign, way less human body proportion etc... The Update to the Vol1 will come with Cyclops. thansk for being patient.
    Looks like it'll be the first 2017 update! :)