Search Unity

Heroes of Asgard - A new free to play MMORPG

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ManHunterITA, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

Uhm, and what about other resistances? Other classes are influenced too by relative resistances!

I'm glad to know about your experience with Metin2, so guys write here! It is useful to balance Heroes of Asgard's gameplay!

Also, all ideas are appreciated: I love to discuss new ideas! :)

2. kleos44

kleos44

There must be a difference between PVP & PVM :::)))) It is the only character with this defect.
    10% Defense sword, It applies to mobs with swords?::)
    How about experience, I have enough...I played only official with players from 30 years to 60 years:::)))
    Also the speed of loading skills must be changed:::)))
    you can do well from the start.....

A beautiful day:::))

ManHunterITA likes this.
  3. MrIconic

MrIconic

I was going to watch the thread and then move on. Thus, keeping an eye on development overtime in the background. Then I realized you're Manhunter. Oh my, that changes everything.

Just to give everyone some background knowledge. He's developing P.A.T.C.H. An asset that is pretty neat but beyond what it is he's an insanely active dev. He has stood by those who have believed in him; an unparalleled amount of assistance to those who have purchased his asset.

Why is this relevant here?

I haven't personally looked into Crimson Games or Heroes of Asgard. My interest however, comes from them being developed by Manhunter. A person who we all should want to be the game developer for a game or asset. Since he will create it to the best of his ability without simply abandoning us.

ManHunterITA likes this.
  4. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

Thank you!
    It means a lot for me! I'm glad that my efforts are appreciated!
    We will try to not disappoint you, guys!

5. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

I will take a bit of time to write this post, trying to be as summarized as possible: remember that behind every sentence I will report, we spent hours/days of hard work, I would not give the impression that devalue our work.

GENERAL
    We have set up an internal board to assign us tasks between team members and, above all, where there is a list of scheduled tasks. This list is populated with good ideas that probably will be included in the game.
    We have set up a forum, it is private at the moment, where we are gradually adding changelogs, useful articles, and so on.

ART SIDE
    Continue the improvements on desert map and frozen map, maps that surely will be present into the alpha. As for the desert map, there was a general remake of some materials / textures, which now appear better. For the rest, the desert map is almost ready, there are only to determine which monsters will be present in it, such as boss: the entities that will populate it, in fact.
    The frozen map has new assets, such as portals, pillars, altars, etc. It is noticeable that in this map will be available the first dungeon. An icy dungeon, linear, after which you will encounter a boss.
    The animations were created for the mounts and for characters that use them.
    Skills VFXs have been made for Warrior and Sura, with their animations.

CLIENT SIDE
    Many fixes have been made, including: many animations were synchronized between clients and many of them now reflect the actual value that the server side provides (eg: movement speed and attack speed), some skills are now displayed properly and their cooldown is correct, improvements to some shaders, etc.
    Some internal features have been added for making of videos/screenshots, such as free camera mode and hide/show UI.
    The UI has been redone, now uses a completely new system.
    A new branch is created where the client has been adapted to the new server architecture and the new networking code.
    Pet and Mount additions, with their animations.
    Soundtrack and some ambient sounds added in some maps.
    Various optimizations to the code and some internal systems. Refactoring of some classes.
    We created a system to take notes on the mini-maps, so each of you can discover and interpret the world subjectively: you can use the feature to log boss positions, spawns, special events, etc.

SERVER SIDE
    The new server side architecture was finally almost finished. At the moment the old architecture is still used, as long as the new will be completed and tested properly.
    We made a lot of refactoring of most classes and entities that made up the server, including the networking system. The architecture is now distributed: this means that the server can be composed of various physical machines.
    The new architecture also provides for Unity server side instances that handle the various parts of the world. This allows features like navmesh, pathfinding, physic and better AI.
    We made the Quest System. Quests can be created by composing them with various QuestTarget I created. The combination of these QuestTarget can give life to countless quests and, why not, can give life to a quest creation system managed by players (something like a bulletin board where players create their custom quest and others can accept it, play it and evaluate it).
    New classes have been created for NPCs management.
    Reorganized classes architecture, added new classes as AIActor.
    General optimizations to codebase, optimizations to garbage collection where not necessary, moving some calculations on parallel threads.
    Reorganized the class for persistence management: it is now more convenient to use.

PROPOSALS & PLANNING
    Chat refactoring.
    Creating a creature-book, where every time you see a new creature will be added its named page and photos: on this page you can clip out information about this creature, as what it drops, its weaknesses, eventual dangers, etc. Something similar to the notes of an adventurer. Maybe make those notes tradeable.
    Create a visual debugger for server-side entities.
    Recreate some Metin2's weapons, as a tribute. We thought at the Full Moon set, which we believe is the most characteristic and the most famous.
    Creating a bot for server stress test.
    Testing migration to MongoDB.

There should be roughly all the most important stuff done, even if they are not dropped in detail. Let me know what you think and continue to comment!

Obviously, I do not want to leave you with a huge wall of text, so I also add some screenshots:

Stay tuned!

benm98, manpower13 and RavenOfCode like this.
  6. benm98

benm98

Really impressive, once this is out, it needs a ton of advertisement since from what I am seeing here, the pictures, the graphics, it is wayyyy better than Metin.

I love what I'm seeing!

I also have a question. When the alpha is opened, will that mean that anyone can test or do we have to meet some requirements?

ManHunterITA likes this.
  7. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

I'm glad you like it!
    We hope we can show better in-game material as soon as we can!

We need to decide how to face this alpha test, I think we will start with a closed number (for who partecipated to our old crowdfunding and other players), so we will move on a OBT!

8. ImAldu

ImAldu

I second the marketing statement. Lots of IndieGoGo/Kickstarter and talking to magazines/websites/etc to get this going around. Looks impressive. Good job.

RavenOfCode and ManHunterITA like this.
  9. kleos44

kleos44

Really impressive, your work will be rewarded , metin many players expect a game to replace old metin. We are waiting an alpha::))

ManHunterITA likes this.
  10. benm98

benm98

Any updates for us? All going well?

11. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

We will show something new soon! :)

benm98, S4G4N and RavenOfCode like this.
  12. benm98

benm98

All right, can't wait :)

ManHunterITA likes this.
  13. zenGarden

zenGarden

The game looks promising :)

ManHunterITA likes this.
  14. kleos44

kleos44

The release date remains the end of 2016?.....According with development:))!!!
    Europe will have a single server for all players?
    Anyway, all that you have done so far looks very good, considering the few financial resources, your determination is appreciated.
    Good luck !!

15. owruk

owruk

Hello I was playing metin 2 and the biggest problem was to leave the pc turned on to put the store with your pj, please if they put a system of stores that has a solution in leaving the pc off or asleep, I know that it is impossible but it is too much trouble leaving it On so you can sell well

Thank you very much for seeing the message, keep it up !!!!!!

16. Adolfo321

Adolfo321

Are there any updates or information about the release day?

17. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

Hi guys,
    apologizes for recent lack of updates.

We are still working on the project, but on a slower pace and in our spare time. You know that we are a small team, composed by passionate Metin2 lovers, but sadly we started having fund issues.
    However we are not quitting!
    This bump on the road has just slowed us down, but we are trying to fighting back.

While we had to find day jobs so we could at least finance ourselves, we are still trying to develop HoA.

18. FTD123

FTD123

Can you provide us some informations about releasing? U won't need to worry about funding yourself after release. xD

19. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

The problem is to arrive to the release date... :D
    No funds = no working power to complete the project

20. danimiin

danimiin

How much money do you need to FINISH the project ? JUST TELL ME

21. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

I don't know how much money we still need, I'm from development team: we don't know about this topic. You should ask to the administrative/financial department: they can estimate something for you.

22. danimiin

danimiin

Where is the topic?
    link me please

23. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

You should contact them privately. There are no topics on forums.

24. lDominatoRl

lDominatoRl

May I ask If you need anyone to help finding bugs or any other problems in game if you have already beta out. I have been playing metin 2 for 5 years and looking forward to help out. Also please send me contact details to someone whom I can talk to about franchise if you planning to do so, as I believe I would be interested to invest some money if you could let me translate game in my language and share profits. Regards

maciej-raczynski@hotmail.co.uk

25. ZeniXx

ZeniXx

Hey, I can help you for a french translation.
    Just tell me if you are interested.

ZeniXx

26. Tomerarenai

Tomerarenai

So I guess this project is over before it even started ? Too much lack of update on the situation

27. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

S4G4N likes this.
  28. zenGarden

zenGarden

Nice game.
    I was reading this very interesting blog about MMo optimisation
    http://crimson-games.com/devlog/mmog-optimizations/
    And i was asking myself, do you guys use Unity terrain or meshes ? And what tool did you use to split the terrain in a grid of zones ?

S4G4N likes this.
  29. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

I'm glad you like my article!
    We use Unity's terrains. You don't need to split the terrain in a grid: you just need a virtual grid! :p

30. zenGarden

zenGarden

lol
    You mean you are using Unity terrain LOD only and the virtual grid to manage zones (for characters and managers activation and display).

But splitting the terrain and displaying only neighbour terrain tiles with culling could also have some benefits on frame rate. For example WorldStreamer in 7:30

You still manage virtual grid around the player, but on the rendering side you render less polygons.

Anyway if it works also your way and the frame rate is good enought, it's what matters.

31. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

Oh, I think we spoke about two different things. I was writing about network grid, on server side, to split the computation load in different zones of the same map.
    It isn't related to client and its framerate.

Of course, on client side the World Streamer plugin is really useful! :)

zenGarden likes this.
  32. Kilz0

Kilz0

any updates on the game's launch?or progress?

33. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

Not really: the project gone out of funds and seems to be canceled.

34. GiNT0NiC

GiNT0NiC

Canceled ??
    Does not a developer want to work on the project?
    It's so sad...

ManHunterITA likes this.
  35. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

I am that developer... But I can't reuse the code nor assets: I don't own them. So I have to recode it from scratches if I want to continue it.

36. GiNT0NiC

GiNT0NiC

How is that possible? Can't you get the codes?
    This project is really good. With advertising and promotion you would move forward, because Metin2 players would support you very much.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  37. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

Well, when you work for a company, you do not own the code and assets you produce. Getting and using that code is technically stealing a company's property.
    Thank you. I know that the Metin2 community would love to play this game, we had a crowdfunding campaign with poor results. I am working on something currently: http://mhlab.altervista.org/multiplayer-rpg-series-introduction/
    You can check next articles too: they describe what I am doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.