Search Unity

Here's an interesting one.

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by cdarklock, Mar 13, 2017.

1. cdarklock

cdarklock

Last week, I zipped up my game and threw the build in the root folder of my web server. I told nobody. Today, I looked at my analytics.

I don't know if this is necessarily something I should be particularly excited about, but I'm wondering if maybe I should monetise the dev builds early just in case people think my game is worth playing before I think it's worth releasing.

Does anyone have any personal experiences with this? Anecdotal is fine.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@cdarklock,

The Analytics system will also count editor sessions as users. Taking a look into our database, I see two unique user ids from the same IP address sent from the Editor. I also see one user id from a standalone player, which I'm guessing is you testing the build. That would account for the DAU for Mar 12.

If you ever want to clear out development / testing data, you can use our new Data Reset feature:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsDataReset.html

cdarklock likes this.
  3. cdarklock

cdarklock

That's odd. I've had analytics on all the way from the beginning, and until this month I had nothing. Even though I was testing the build frequently.

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@cdarklock

Did you visit the dashboard for the first time recently? We don't start processing data until you visit the dashboard. This was a change made to reduce the amount of data we need to process.

5. cdarklock

cdarklock

That would be it. Thanks.