Search Unity

Here is a way to fix Profiler error "Unable to forward traffic to device"

Discussion in 'Linux' started by imerso, Jun 24, 2017.

1. imerso

imerso

To help anyone who searches for this problem (which probably happens under Windows as well):
    1. Build and Run your app with both "Development Build" and "Autoconnect Profiler" enabled; I know, it'll stop with the error, but the app should be installed on the device;
    2. When you see the error "Unable to forward traffic to device", check the Editor Console to find the error; it also shows the complete command-line that Unity used when trying to connect. It looks like this:

Code (csharp):
      2. /(some_path)/Sdk/platform-tools/adb -s "ce09160128d8321405" forward "tcp:34999" "localabstract:Unity-com.somename.someproject"
    3. Copy the command you see exactly as shown (select it and CTRL+C), and then close Unity;
    4. Open a terminal (on Ubuntu: CTRL+ALT+ T), and paste the same command there (on Ubuntu: CTRL+SHIFT+V). Press ENTER, of course; you should see no errors, which means that adb accepted the command now;
    5. Open Unity again, and wait until it finishes loading;
    6. Now manually run your app on the connected Android (do *not* disconnect the device from the USB cable, just run the app manually while still connected); you should see the Profiler running against your app -- if not, then change the "Active Profiler" (a combobox located at the top of the Profiler window).
    That is a bit annoying but you only need to do that once per session. After connected, you can rebuild as many times as you wish without having to repeat the process.

Good luck!

2. fssdev

fssdev

If I do this, adb gives me this:
    error: cannot bind listener: cannot bind to 127.0.0.1:34999: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. (10013)

3. orb

orb

Ask nicely with sudo (or from an Administrator shell in Windows).

4. fssdev

fssdev

I'm in an admin command prompt

5. imerso

imerso

Did you close Unity before issuing the command? You are expected to paste the command then close Unity before pressing ENTER in the terminal.

6. orb

orb

Yeah, it's either the port already in use (by Unity and any running Android debugger) - or the firewall blocking it.

7. fssdev

fssdev

Thanks guys, that did the trick. Closed all my apps.

8. davtam

davtam

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THIS!!!! :D

If it was not for people such as yourself posting their solutions to issues, Unity would not be as great and accessible.

All the best.

imerso likes this.
  9. imerso

imerso

Hey davtam, very thank you for the kind comment!

10. mr_zog

mr_zog

Thanks for the info about closing unity before connecting via shell. It didn't work otherwise!

11. homeslice

homeslice

An Oldie but a Goodie -Saved my Life - THANKS!

12. homeslice

homeslice

Is there some permanent solution to this?