Search Unity

Help with Random Mecanim Animation?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by beowulfkaine, Jul 24, 2017.

1. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Hey all, N00B here. I was wondering if anyone knew how or knew of any videos for the lay person that can help me create a basic play random animation mechanism state?

Application:

I have two states: Running and Attacking. I would like each of these to have sub-states that play random animations within each state. Is this possible?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yes - I just saw a random idle state - mecanim sub-state setup on youtube a while ago, and I linked it to someones thread.
    Sorry can't track it down now - but it does exist.

Consider looking back through my post history if you can't locate it after searching.

3. jabevan

jabevan

Did you happen to find that tutorial for this? I'm working on the same problem and have tried a few approaches that aren't working well.

4. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

No, I tried a few tutorials online and still couldn't figure it out. I'm just hoping someone will eventually make a step by step tutorial or better yet make an asset that allows for random animations with a mecanim controller that is plug and play.

5. jabevan

jabevan

I have two different versions working for my application, but they're very glitchy. I think it works in theory, but is not practical. The problem is that the positions the character is in are not the same between animations, so it ends up glitching as it transitions to another animation. But I'm also using ICE Creature Controller which references the Mecanim Animation Controller but controls the animations itself.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b