Search Unity

[Help] Want to Disable Oculus DK2 Health and Safety Warning

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by amoeboar, Aug 9, 2017.

1. amoeboar

amoeboar

Hi all,

I've come a long way with my Unity development thanks to the awesome folks on this forum! I'm approaching my first VR apps, and am looking for a solution for how to disable the Health and Safety warning when I load my Unity app.

I've spent the last couple of days researching this, but since I'm using a Mac (OSX: Sierra) and an older Oculus DK2, the solutions I'm seeing are either outdated, or might not work for my system.

I've downloaded Oculus Runtime and Oculus SDK, which are no longer being updated:
    https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/legacy/

I've gotten the app to run otherwise, I'm seeing the world I built in VR, so the hardware is working fine.

To get rid of the HSW, do I need to edit the Oculus files on my Mac? Or can I do this with a C# script somehow? Does anyone have any up to date answers who might be able to help?

Thanks for any advice! I'm sure there are others who need help also.

2. mmsteve

mmsteve

I can't say 100% but I'm pretty sure the safety warning is baked into the Oculus runtime and can't be disabled. Though, they don't show on the CV1 anyway.

amoeboar likes this.
  3. amoeboar

amoeboar

Thanks, after much testing I decided that it's not something I can easily do. Onward to the production version of the Oculus!