Search Unity

HELP NEEDED: What type of 2D game could I make in Unity as a beginner?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by admone, Aug 22, 2017.

1. admone

admone

I'm looking forward in creating a 2D game that would look appealing in the terms of the gameplay. However, being a beginner I am, having a lot of connecting scripts would most likely to cause a ton of confusion (I've tried making a game before and it doesn't end well in the slightest bit!). Therefore, is there any suggestions and/or tutorials on what game could I create?

Thank you,
    admone

2. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

I know how overwhelming it can be in the beginning. Start with the tutorials in the 'Learn' section. Part of game designing is deciding what objects get scripts and how to organize them. In general, any object that does something should have it's own script. So if a cube is rotating too fast and you want it slower, the script attached to the cube is where you'll make the change. Once you get use to the concept, it is very easy and much more efficient than searching through 1000s of lines of code in an uber script.

Once you learn Unity, you'll have more ideas for games than you have time to make them.

eXonius likes this.
  3. eXonius

eXonius

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Anything early 80s is good for your first game. Try pong, space invaders, frogger, pacman ect.

Ryiah likes this.
  5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Kiwasi likes this.
  6. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Or most anything from the modern era of casual mobile games — Flappy Bird, Doodle Jump, etc.

Ryiah and Kiwasi like this.