Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Help] Every time i clicked on play, this errors kept appearing. I dont know what to do.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MTKA6VI, Jul 20, 2017.

1. MTKA6VI

MTKA6VI

I did clicked on red error, the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 kept showing up when I need Mono.

I just followed the direction from youtuber, Charger Games

2. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

The problem is exactly what the error says - look at the red highlighted text at the bottom, in the “Console” - those are the actual errors in your code. It is complaining that your code is missing a ‘;’ (by saying it is expected). In C# (and C, C++), every line of code that accomplishes something must end in a semicolon. So your code

Debug.Log(“Start”)

should be

Debug.Log(“Start”);

As for it bringing up Visual Studio, what you need to do is go into Unity Preferences, there you can change the default script editor. Preferences can be found in Edit->Preferences in Windows, or Unity->Preferences on Mac. Then choose the “External Tools” tab, and use “External Script Editor” to choose Monodevelop.

MTKA6VI likes this.
  3. MTKA6VI

MTKA6VI

Thank, man. Its work.

4. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

1 note: You got a great answer, but you DO NOT "need" Monodevelop. If you already have Visual Studio, I would recommend using it. It doesn't matter what software you use to edit your code. If you write code in Notepad, Notepad++, Monodevelop, Visual Studio, it will all work the same. You should use what you like most, in my case that's Visual Studio because Monodevelop crashes a lot and has worse code prediction.

Basically, I reccomend Visual Studio, but you can use what you like.

MTKA6VI likes this.