Search Unity

Help ! | About Mr.Robot Exfiltration Game

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by abajuradam, Jan 18, 2017.

1. abajuradam

abajuradam

Hello, I wanna make a game like Mr.Robot series game published by Telltale. But I don't know how to start. Is there any tutorial for how can i find this template and how to start ?

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Start with the learn section. Learn to use the tools on simple projects first. Then move on to your dream project.

I'm not familiar with Mr. Robot. But if it's a Unity game, you can just open up the code and have a look how they made it.

3. Schneider21

Schneider21

Mr Robot Exfiltration is a game in a similar vein to Lifeline, where bits of story are revealed to you over time, and the player interacts and makes decisions in a limited way. MRE makes it seem like you're doing all of this through email, texts, etc in your E-Corp phone app to fit into the show's premise.

I imagine a game like this works by having a server manage when various events happen. The game can't do anything if it's closed, so it'd have to just sit and wait for push notifications for when certain things should be triggered. While not crazy complex compared to other games, it's still a bit much for your first foray into game development.

I'm also not aware of any templates that allow you to whip something like this up without having to do all the hard work, either.