Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Head tracking stops on splash screen - daydream store rejection

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by TimurB, Mar 7, 2017.

1. TimurB

TimurB

Here is a video that illustrates the issue that occurs even with the scene from demos:

It causes daydream store rejection with "The app does not maintain head tracking"

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Looks like the app crashed or locked up while switching from splash screen to the first scene. That's why the rendered display did that sudden shift to the left. Unity was unable to render framed so time warp kicked in and warped the current buffer.

What device are you using?

What version of Unity? If not at least 5.6b10, can you repro on the latest 5.6 beta release and see if it still happens?

I can see from the display that you are using the Google Unity SDK. Are you using anything else? If you start from a completely new project without the Google SDK or any other external packages, does it still happen?

3. TimurB

TimurB

> What device are you using?
    The video was captured on Google Pixel XL, with Unity 5.6b9 and Google SDK 1.3
    • I can't spot it with completely clear project with default scene on b10
    • I can't spot it with project with Google SDK 1.3 with default scene on b10
    • It happens with GVRDemo scene from Google SDK demos on b10

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Can you try using the 1.20 Google SDK for Unity and see if it repros with the GVRDemo in that version?

5. TimurB

TimurB

Yes it is.

6. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

One more thing: Can you try b10?

7. TimurB

TimurB

I tried it on 5.60b10

8. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Thanks.

9. duncangroberts

duncangroberts

This happens to me on most of my projects and has done so on every version of the SDK and unity preview or beta I've used. I had thought it was to do with how I was transitioning between scenes but it was still happening with asynchronous loading. Any resolution to this would be great.

10. TimurB

TimurB

I guess the only way now is to use fade out/fade in animations and empty black scene for startup.

11. Captain-Awesome

Captain-Awesome

I have the same problem in 5.4.2f2-GVR3.

The transition from Unity's logo splash screen onto my first level loses headtracking for a second.

Not even TimurB's idea was enough to avoid losing headtracking. My first scene's completely empty except for a 2d sprite that says "loading".

I guess I'll convert to Unity 5.6 once that's out of beta. And hope that fixes it.