Search Unity

Has anyone published a PSM game yet?

Discussion in 'PSM' started by 8Eye, Feb 2, 2015.

1. 8Eye

8Eye

I'm currently making my first game for PSM, its not a large project but it is not small either... I just wanted to know if anyone has published a game to PSM yet and what was your experience, did anyone buy your game or did it flop? I had a look on the store and i only seen like a few hundred games on the PSM store so i was thinking, what is the point in marketing it when the market isn't that saturated. Maybe the reason i did not see alot of games on the store is because i was using my Vita which filters all the games not compatible with my Vita?

Anyway if you have anything to tell me about your experience please let me know and send me a link to your game if you want.

Thanks.

2. WilcoB

WilcoB

I think marketing is quite important. From what I've heard many Vita owners don't ever bother checking out the PSM store.

3. 8Eye

8Eye

I think the reason for that is because developers are not being creative with what they have at there disposal, 1gb of memory to play around with and a great handheld, yet they decide to make flappy bird and pong clones for £3.79, the prices for the quality of games on that store is ridiculous.

If there are any PSM employees reading this can you please add a search function for the PSM store so people will be able to find my game when i tell people about it?

4. karios

karios

I have released an archery game called Daryl about 3 weeks ago. It's a free game and has about 9K downloads already.

5. CineTek

CineTek

I am currently developing 2 different titles for various platforms including PSM but unfortunately I can not export to Vita due to some issues with the 2D engine in the PSM version. So we have switched to Unity 5 Beta for the moment and hope to see PSM support soon.
    By the way I think that the Vita is a great way to build up your portfolio and get in contact with a major hardware publisher (Sony) especially when the developer license is completely free(!) :)

6. 8Eye

8Eye

Ok thanks for telling me about your game. Tried looking for it but i couldn't find it at all? what category is it on?

I was thinking of waiting for Unity 5 aswell, but i thought it would be best if i would make a smallish game with 4.3 just to test the waters.

If it flops, ye, you are right that it will be great to add to your portfolio, so then you can say that you made a game for PS Vita to who ever may be interested in hiring you.

7. karios

karios

It's on Sports category on PSM but it has not been released in all countries. Today I added Switzerland, Austria and Germany. It's now available in US,Canada, UK, Australia, Austria, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand and Switzerland. What country are you in?

8. WilcoB

WilcoB

If you want to release the game in The Netherlands, I won't mind to translate the description to Dutch for you.

On topic, what percentage of downloads actually generate money with IAP? I haven't decided yet how to monetize the game I'm working on, so I'm trying to find out what method is better. From what I've seen in the store, free games get more downloads but if nobody buys IAPs its still useless.