Search Unity

hack And Slash Tutorial

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by BurgZerg-Arcade, Jul 14, 2010.

1. mohsenz1388

mohsenz1388

YES, and I assure you that it would be a maior inconvenience. as I said I cannot go further without these associated files.

2. Tharkis

Tharkis

Well let us hope he is able to get the problem fixed. It would seem to me that from the way everyone always points to this tutorial as a great example, we might want to consider mirroring at least the files associated if not the tutorial itself for him. If nothing else, maybe a copy of the files should be attached to this forum post?

3. mohsenz1388

mohsenz1388

this tutorial is a great example, no doubt about it. I've learned many things from the very beginning lessons. but the associated files are imporant too for the rest of it. I'm also hoping that someone has and will share these files. so far I haven't found them anywhere.

4. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

The website is back up, btw. Or at least for me.

5. zOrigin

zOrigin

Balance in the universe has been restored.

6. mohsenz1388

mohsenz1388

great news. thank you.

7. mohsenz1388

mohsenz1388

hi. could someone help me?
    I've downloaded the 249humananimated file but there's a problem. after I import it into unity and drag int into a scene, when I press play button, the hand's stuffs (like the axe) don't follow the hands. why is that so?

8. TheGrimDerp

TheGrimDerp

Just wanted to say thank you for your tutorials, they're amazing.

9. TheGrimDerp

TheGrimDerp

double check your anchor points the angle / vertices comparative to the model's "arm"

10. violeteve42

violeteve42

Thank you again for these awesome tutorials! I am new to Unity and coding (just a few months in) and these tutorials have helped a lot. I am currently on #66. I have used the Ethan Avatar because I was having issues with the 249humananimated one. I do realize that it is many years and many Unity versions later (I am using Unity 6).

That being said, in #66, you are talking about customizing the avatar, and, as the Ethan avatar is extremely complex, I am trying to customize the original one you talked about. However, the model I imported seems to be missing a few key features in the armature, such as the hand points (they are there visually, but the game object is not). I have a feeling that this is why the shield and axe may not be attaching properly. I was wondering if you had any idea where I might download a working version of the 249humananimated file?

The only other issue that you might be able to help with that I have come across is with the mob health bar. Because this recent version of Unity was having issues displaying the health bar using GUI, I took another person's advice and did the health bars as a canvas event system. This required a different bit of code in the "VitalBar.cs" program. While the player health bar adapts to the change in health bar size, my mob health bar only sticks to the one that was targeted initially.

I understand if you cannot assist with this since you are working on many other projects, and it has been at least 7 years since you made these videos. So, if you cannot, thank you again for making these awesome tutorials. Even when I have been stuck, I have continued on, and I really appreciate your efforts to help those like me who know nothing about game creation or coding.