Search Unity

GVR Spatial Audio plugin

Discussion in 'Linux' started by purpleFinch, Feb 19, 2017.

1. purpleFinch

purpleFinch

I'm using Unity version 5.5.0xb2Linux

I've noticed that I get a bunch of audio related errors when I import the GVR SDK (I've listed them below). Some googling led me here - https://github.com/googlevr/gvr-unity-sdk/issues/234. Where it seems like Google doesn't support Linux yet. Also in project settings, audio, the GVR spatializer plugin is not there for me to select.

As instructed, I attach the GVRAudioListener script to my camera and Use the GvrAudioSource prefab for all of my audio.

But when I hit play, I don't hear anything.

REGARDLESS OF ALL THIS. If I build for Android,I can hear the audio on my device and the spacial audio effects seem to work as expected.

Has anyone had any luck resolving these errors? Or noticed any issues w/ spatial audio once they've built to their device?

Errors:::

2. Tak

Tak

It looks like libaudioplugingvrunity.so is built against a custom google version of the C runtime - I don't expect it to work on a standard linux install while this is the case.

3. trakloz

trakloz

I'm on Unity 2018.2.4f1 and Ubuntu 18.04, have one of the same errors as purpleFinch with ResonanceAudio plugin.

The package imports fine, builds fine, works on Android but no sound in the editor. When I restart Unity ResonanceAudio disappears from Audio settings (Spatializer Plugin & Ambisonic Decoder Plugin)... I've got CMake, Git and Mercurial as mentioned here (as if it made any difference): https://github.com/resonance-audio/resonance-audio

Has someone tried to solve it?

4. jumpingcloud

jumpingcloud

I'm getting this too. It doesn't seem like it's breaking anything for me either, but the console noise is annoying.

Unity/VR/Linux64/libaudiopluginresonanceaudio.so: symbol __google_auxv version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 with link time reference