Search Unity

Green and white squares flickering on screen

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Gojira96, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Gojira96

Gojira96

Hi everyone,

In the last few days I have been working on a new project.
    In the editor everything works perfectly,but when i created my first build green and white squares started flickering on some spots on the map.
    They mostly appear when i move my character and very rarely when he is not moving.
    So far I found atleast 5 spots on the map where this happens and I am unsure how to fix it or what might be causing the problem.

Here are some pictures:

bug 3.jpg bug 4.jpg bug 1.jpg bug 2.jpg

2. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

Strange... go into your project quality settings and change your pixel light count and see if the squares appear any different. If they do, it's a problem with pixel lights (I don't know how to begin fixing it, but knowing the problem is a start).

You could also try pausing the game in-editor when you see one are check the scene view to make sure it's a graphic bug and not a stray GameObject

3. Gojira96

Gojira96

Well,the biggest problem is,it does not happen at all when i try to play it in Editor,it only happens after i create a build and try to play it without unity,and it takes me about an hour to render a build.I was kinda hoping that this was a common error caused by some stupid mistake i made in build settings.I remember ticking both static and dynamic batching,but rendering was already half way through so i could not change it.Could it be caused by that or something simillar?

4. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

It wouldn't be caused by batching. Batching takes the mesh information from several objects and fits them into shared buffers to greatly reduce GPU workload at the cost of a slightly increase CPU workload.

It looks to me like it's more of a bug with lighting or post-process effects. I wish I could help you more, but I haven't done much with post-process effects in unity. (did you try modifying the pixel light count?)

5. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Hello!
    Did you ever find the source for this issue? I have been experiencing something similar to this recently. I get the white or green flickering squares. However, I do get them in the editor as well.
    Any solution?

6. Gojira96

Gojira96

Nope,sorry.
    I abandoned the project long ago,since my problem existed only in builds,not in editor nor in play mode so i could not find exactly what what causing the problem without creating a new build each time.
    Hope you find the solution,it might help someone else as well :)

7. loxel

loxel

hey just wanted to leave this here for anyone coming across it, i had this issue and for me at least it turned out to be hdr on the camera and bloom post processing conflicting with each other. I turned on the anti flicker under bloom and it seems to have fixed my issues. although i only had white squares not green.

kfireven likes this.