Search Unity

Google Play and multiple binary

Discussion in 'Android' started by mrm83, May 16, 2017.

1. mrm83

mrm83

Does anyone know how to upload ARM and X86 apk using the new google play release management?

The old upload page worked without any issue..
    But with the new release management page, uploading my arm and x86 binary doesn't work.
    It says the x86 apk will override the arm and the arm version will not be served.

2. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I think you have to carefully write each a manifest, to make each exclude or include specific devices or capabilities... I haven't tried splitting the binary, and instead have just always used the combined one, so that's my best guess, not a for sure answer, but I think having the same application have two binaries means the manifests have to differentiate what runs on what devices.

3. liortal

liortal

We are using a split binary for years now, and did not have any issues with the new release management page.
    Are you sure that each build is created for the correct platform?

Also, we have a rule that x86 builds always have a higher bundle version code (ARM version code + 1000).

4. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I'm not totally sure, again I haven't tried splitting the binary :/

Sorry, hopefully someone else knows more than me!

5. liortal

liortal

The manifest isn't different. When you select x86 or ARM in the Unity "Player Settings", the correct target architecture is selected (maybe it's added into the manifest, i can't recall).

Google play will filter the APKs according to the target architecture, so x86 will receive the x86 build, ARM devices will receive ARM.

6. mrm83

mrm83

It is not working.
    I have been splitting the binaries for the last 100 builds and it works.

The new google upload page doesn't work with the binaries anymore. (it doesn't filter the devices)

So I am the only one experiencing this?

7. liortal

liortal

I did not see anything like that, can you show me what you're seeing in the new upload page ?

8. K_Bay

K_Bay

I believe your apk should have binaries for both arm and x86.

9. mrm83

mrm83

This is my ARM binary, it shows both ARM and X86.
    When I upload the X86 binary, it shows the same thing (ARM and X86) and it doesn't split the devices accordingly.
    It says that my x86 will be served instead of the arm one.

APK containing both arm and x86 would work, but that doubles the size of file which I do not want.

Attached Files:

10. jazib27

jazib27

Same Problem! Did you solve your problem??