Search Unity

Google Login for unity (NOT Google Play Games services Login)

Discussion in 'Android' started by aurodo, Dec 26, 2016.

1. aurodo

aurodo

Hi,

I am building an AR project and are trying to give a GOOGLE LOGIN in Unity . Although there is Google play games plugin for unity but I cannot use that because it's login show google that he is joining for a Game. (as AR is not a game)

I tried using Google Firebase for UNity ( https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/unity/google-signin ) but I am unable to use it. I created a plugin for Google Sign-In in Android Studio and imported it into the main project and then tried to use that plugin for Google Sign-in. It does not work.

khanhabib likes this.
  2. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Well... even if it isn't a game, you should be able to use the google play games services? Just don't implement leaderboards or achievements (I think you have to create some dummy ones anyway or it won't publish).

Wouldn't that work?

khanhabib likes this.
  3. nasa_science

nasa_science

Hi, could you solve you problem? I rrally need help with that.
    Thanks

khanhabib likes this.
  4. mopsicus

mopsicus

Hi, can you share your plugin sources?

khanhabib likes this.
  5. akaimos

akaimos

I'm in the same position as OP. I'm building a non-game VR app and would like to have secure Google sign-in. The Google Play Services integration with Unity is not satisfactory because it doesn't provide the necessary information to be able to securely authenticate your backend server (you can't just send the user ID because that can be spoofed). My few hours of research today seem to indicate that there is no way to do this currently via Unity?

khanhabib likes this.
  6. natasha1403

natasha1403

Hi
    I have come across same problem, is there anyone who can help me with solution.

I tried using Google Play Game Services, but the problem with that plugin is that if Play Google Games app is not there on the device, it just direct to play store and callback API is returning false, leaving users clueless as to why Google login fail. Is there a better way to implement google login?

7. Lars-Blaabjerg

Lars-Blaabjerg

You can do that by sending the idtoken to your server and then validating that as described here: https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/backend-auth
    However, I have the problem that the id token is never refreshed during a session using the GooglePlayGames plugin, and it is only valid for a rather short time :-(

ilmario and sathishthedna like this.
  8. KEMBL

KEMBL

khanhabib likes this.
  9. Lars-Blaabjerg

Lars-Blaabjerg

10. KonstantinosRep92

KonstantinosRep92

Can someone help with this?
    Can we use Firebase google sign in in Unity, after all?

Thank you very much.

tmalhassan and khanhabib like this.
  11. xysverma

xysverma

andreini likes this.
  12. tungnguyendev

tungnguyendev

You can try with this asset http://u3d.as/JR6, include Google, Facebook, Twitter authentication with Firebase.

13. cenghover

cenghover

Please checkout my article on this, after suffering 2 weeks, finally I made it work like a charm and decide to publish a tutorial about this:

https://link.medium.com/msoezkqURgb

14. HarrysXR

HarrysXR