Search Unity

Good resouce to improve my c#

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean-Powell, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Sean-Powell

Sean-Powell

Hi,

I have a good understanding on Java and a basic understanding of c#. I am looking for a resouce or book that will allow me to get a better understanding of c#. Does anyone know anything like this. I don't need the basics of object oreiented programming that most resources seem to outline.

2. MV10

MV10

If you know Java well, learning C# should be a breeze. I like to point experienced programmers here. It's a quick look at many (maybe most) of the important code structures used in C# with a simple comment that explains each. If you're at the level of programming where most languages are just a matter of choosing one syntax over another, this is kind of like a one-page quick reference:

https://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/csharp/

One thing to remember is that the .NET Framework is a bunch of libraries and hence a separate animal from the C# language itself, but that, too, should translate from your Java experience. Also keep in mind that Unity is presently stuck on older versions of C# and the Framework, so a lot of very cool features added in the past few years are not yet available here.

Download the Unity tutorials and look through those, too, that'll give you some good exposure to commonly used parts of the .NET Framework.

3. wccrawford

wccrawford

Nothing helped me improve my programming skill as much as using it. Do bigger and more elaborate projects, and look up solutions for how other people have implemented complex systems. I did my best growth at work, learning from other developers and their code, but the same could be done on open source projects. I'm sure there are plenty of those looking for a helping hand.

Martin_H and kittik like this.
  4. Sean-Powell

Sean-Powell

Thanks i will use that resource i have noticed that java and c# are pretty similar which helps greatly.

5. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

6. I_Am_DreReid

I_Am_DreReid

C# yellow book and lots of youtube tutorials plus practice.

7. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Answer question on answers and in the scripting forum. Working within the community is a great way to learn.