Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GLSL compilation failed after updating to 5.6.1f1

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by GixG17, May 21, 2017.

1. GixG17

GixG17

I have JUST updated Unity to v5.6.1f1 and now my project outputs a bunch of errors but they're mostly variants of:

It doesn't point to ANY script at all. I'm assuming it's a shader code that's causing the issue but... which one?

It points to "UnityEditor.DockArea.OnGUI()" and I'm struggling to figure out what I'm supposed to do with that kind of information.

The kicker with this one is that it doesn't point to "UnityEditor.DockArea.OnGUI()" like the other (previous) error that seems practically identical to it.

I can't troubleshoot errors when the console won't point out where I've made the mistake. I don't know where to look. This may sound irrational to ask for help while giving so little information but can anyone shed some light on the issue? I have very little information to go by myself.

EDIT: It turns out that the "Post Processing Stack" asset broke with v5.6.1f1... I thought that was an official Unity asset? Why wouldn't Unity team make sure that those assets would work with the updates?

EDIT#2: It turns out that "Screen Space Reflection" is what's causing the issue.

Last edited: May 24, 2017