Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Giyomu Tactics [Free][Android] (a bit similar to Lara Croft GO)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by GiyomuGames, Mar 24, 2017.

1. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Hi everyone!

I am here to announce my latest game called Giyomu Tactics! It's in the vein of Lara Croft GO for those who played it, but with different ideas like the fact that you control several characters in each level and each character has different skills.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.giyomu.fantasytactics

I hope you will like it and let me know what you think!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Starpaq2 and Ch33ri0s like this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Good looking game.
    The game I'm working on will have a very similar name - so they will both come up when people search for either of them. Although I tried to search for this game in google, the only thing that came up was Final Fantasy Tactics.

Nice job.

3. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Hi theANMATOR2b, thanks for your comment :)
    It has been indeed pointed out to me that this is a poor choice for the name as it is too generic and indeed it's far from the top of the list when you look for "fantasy tactics", mostly because of "Final Fantasy Tactics".

I need to come up with a new name, and maybe so should you? Anyway good luck with your game too :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Thanks for the suggestion, although in our case - the name is directly linked to the mechanics and 'difference' compared to others in the same genre (not tactical movement like your game), so it's important for us to retain our name, even though googling for it will most likely result in a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics links.

The lines, points and textures in your game instantly made me think of circuits. Might be something to consider. ;)

5. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Thanks for your suggestion theANMATOR2 :)
    I have decided to rename my game "Giyomu Tactics" to make it more unique :)

Let me know when your game is ready! I'm curious now! :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. Ch33ri0s

Ch33ri0s

I actually think the styling is really cool and unique based off what I see. Animations seem to flow well and the special effects look great!

On that note, I've never played Lara Croft. I also have no clue what's actually happening in your game. But overall it looks pretty cool!

7. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Thank you very much Ch33ri0s! I worked hard to make sure all the animations would be smooth :)

I hope you'll have a chance to try it to understand how it works, but basically it is kind of like a board game where you need to bring at least one character to the end of the level. You play in turn with the enemies and you must figure out what sequence of moves will enable you to reach the end. The enemies move in a predictable way, but it doesn't mean it is easy! ^^

8. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  9. Jelle-Husson

Jelle-Husson

Hi there!
    Just downloaded it. Cool game! Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I thought it started out pretty difficult from the first two levels alone :)
    Maybe add some very simple levels to ease the player into the controls, mechanics and goals of the game?

10. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Hi Jelle-Husson! :)
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. I made the first 2 levels thinking they would be just an introduction, but I guess I didn't succeed! I don't think I will add levels unfortunately, simply because it would mean breaking and patching a lot of stuff ^^'
    I can easily add new levels at the end, but my build architecture, code and player data doesn't allow me to add a level at the beginning easily. Therefore it's great that you told me that! Next game I make I'll have to come up with an architecture allowing for level insertion in any place of the game! :)
    Thanks! :)

11. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

I actually realized recently that when clicking on "new game" it was loading level 2 instead of level 1... I think level 1 is a better way to start! Hopefully the experience for other players will be better.

Also...Giyomu Tactics 1.6 is here!
    If you are stuck on a level, you can watch an ad in exchange for the solution!
    Get the game for Android here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.giyomu.fantasytactics

12. RowdyCoder

RowdyCoder

Very interesting! Nice graphics.

13. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Thanks!!! :)

14. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

I have updated the game! There is now a tutorial for the first 2 levels :)

15. John3D

John3D

The game is very interesting. Good luck with it!

16. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Thank you! :)

Wow, you have great and very successful games in your signature! Do you have any recommendation on getting a game better known?

17. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Hello everyone!

I added an in-game explanation of the differences between the characters, as it wasn't so clear while playing.

18. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Hello!

I have added 2 levels to the game! Enjoy! :)