Search Unity

GIVEAWAYS HERE!(sarcasm,just clickbait . need your help)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by chkonia, Feb 25, 2017.

1. chkonia

chkonia

if i want to create a game which could be played 30min or more i need to start with normal terrain? and if the "game" will not fit on that i must add another terrain or just i need to scale down my objects so they will take a smaller place?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Just so you know mods are aggressive on clickbait and I had only just started on my morning coffee... close one ;)

3. chkonia

chkonia

it was just a humour i will be grateful if you just answer the question, which was the purpose of creation of the topic...

P.S: Thanks for your response which was sooo useful! ;) This community should be happy that they have such a Moderator

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Regarding your question about terrain - there are a bunch of problems with it but only for advanced users. My recommendation is to dive in and get creating, it probably won't be an issue for you.

DocJ likes this.
  5. DocJ

DocJ

Being new to Unity, and even in my brief time on this forum, I have found the people on here to be more than willing to help people out. A few things they do expect though:
    1. Proper grammar and spelling
    2. A willingness to dive into the tutorials and forums before asking your question
    3. And most importantly, NO rude comments to those you are asking help from.

I think if you adhere to those thoughts, you will find this to be an immensely helpful community.

6. chkonia

chkonia

i wasn't cynical ,maybe sarcastic a little bit (sorry for that Mr.hippocoder) and i can't speak english good as well in my language we don't have any "formal" speaking manners so i didn't mean anything rude . thanks for answering my question.

7. Ryiah

Ryiah

Creating multiple segments might lead to the problem of getting the seams to line up properly. If you're finding that you have a world large enough that you're using multiple terrains you might just want to use a mesh instead.

We are. He's often really entertaining. :p

chkonia likes this.
  8. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You can also change the size of the terrain.

9. chkonia

chkonia

Hello, for this paragraph i want to know which programs are you using for advance object creation , i'm using Zbrush for character creation and then importing it to Maya for animation but from my viewpoint Maya is very complicated program and it needs a lot of knowledge so i started to work in Sketchup for low resolution models but i didn't like the results, can you give me an advice? Should i start to work with Maya?

When you're creating a torn wall-paper and wall is visible in missable places is it just a normal maps or it's a object created by hands? also it's seems like an air in the middle of wall-paper and the wall you also need to do it by hand?

Sorry for my grammar

Attached Files:

10. boxhallowed

boxhallowed

You need to actually plan your game first, game design is 90% of well, game design. Don't just start plopping crap down unless it's a play project where you're figuring things out.

SarfaraazAlladin likes this.