Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting new errors I did not have prior to 5.6 b9

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by zapposh, Feb 26, 2017.

1. zapposh

zapposh

Following the recommendation of Unity support I had to upgrade to Unity 5.6 beta from 5.5.1 even though the game is ending production. This has brought new error messages:

Dynamic batching: index buffer destination is NULL (first IB byte 0 count 0 first vertex 0 offset 0)
    This seems to happen when objects are instantiated during runtime that contain animators/animations.

NullReferenceException: (null)
    UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object[] objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/SerializedPropertyBindings.gen.cs:87)
    UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:175)
    UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:168)
    UnityEditor.AnimatorInspector.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/AnimatorInspector.cs:64)

This is pretty much displayed for every scene.

Both appeared since b9.

Also, it might be a good thing to set the minimum Android API to 21 (Android 5.0) if Android TV Compatibility is enabled in the player, or Google rejects the app.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi zapposh,
    Could you please submit a bug report with a reproduction case for this issue and reply in here with the case #?

3. Jonesy19

Jonesy19

I am running into the same issue after upgrading from the main branch of Unity to Beta. It's not only generating errors, but affecting the framerate of my game. I can tell that disabling certain gameobjects solves the problem, but since I have hundreds of gameobjects in every scene, it would be a tremendous timesink to figure out which gameobjects were the culprits.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with the project? It would help a lot.

5. Jonesy19

Jonesy19

Hi LeonhardP. My project is HUGE, so I just spent a bunch of time trimming it down and creating an easily reproducible project for you to look at. I widdled it down to pressing a bunch of keys and instantiating the same object...
    the errors seem to happen when instantiating an object with an animator. But they only happen when instantiating it to a certain location (X, Y) coordinates...
    When you press T, Y, or I, the object is instantiated and no errors. If you press U, or P, the object generates errors...

The case number is 887071. If you could take a look at it and tell me what the issue is, I would really appreciate it. Maybe there is a workaround that I can use while the bug is being fixed? Thanks a lot...

LeonhardP likes this.
  6. Jonesy19

Jonesy19

Another update - If I remove the first sprite from the animation (of TurretDamage), the error stops happening in game, but not it happens in the editor non stop if the gameobject is in the scene during editor time, that is...