Search Unity

Getting a lot of failed cloud builds today

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by TheADrain, Apr 27, 2017.

1. TheADrain

TheADrain

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of upgrading a project to Unity 5.6, but am getting a lot of cloud build errors that seem like they might be internal cloud build errors but I'm unsure.

This line in particular strikes me:

12: [Unity] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.CloudBuild, Version=1.0.6304.24950, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

But this is also odd

13: [Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
    14: [Unity] Compilation failed: 3 error(s), 0 warnings
    15: [Unity] error CS2001: Source file `Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/Demo/DemoInventory.cs' could not be found
    16: [Unity] error CS2001: Source file `Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPDemo.cs' could not be found
    17: [Unity] error CS2001: Source file `Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/UnibillDemo.cs' could not be found
    18: [Unity] error CS2001: Source file `Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/Demo/DemoInventory.cs' could not be found
    19: [Unity] error CS2001: Source file `Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPDemo.cs' could not be found
    20: [Unity] error CS2001: Source file `Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/UnibillDemo.cs' could not be found

The full log for a recent failed build is attached.

I'm building using:
    Project Name: PuzzlerNameGame
    Unity 5.6 Latest
    Xcode 8.0 for the iOS builds
    Pulling from Bitbucket
    Local machine is a Windows 8.1 installation of 5.6, Android and iOS builds compile fine. iOS builds are then compiled on an El Capitan machine using Xcode 8.0.

Builds are also taking a lot longer than usual, too.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

I see some warnings like:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Unity] Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Purchasing.Common.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    which suggests Purchasing.Common.dll probably wasn't committed to source control with the rest of the changes (Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Common.dll was renamed to Purchasing.Common.dll in a recent IAP release).

3. TheADrain

TheADrain

Ohh good spot! Thank you! I'll give that a try, it's a dll so it's probably being ignored by my version control by default.

Edit: It was exactly that, thanks again for the advice!

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  4. adamt

adamt

Not sure how this hasn't tripped me up in the past, but in our project we have "bin" directories added to our .gitignore file. I upgraded our version of the Unity IAP libraries today and the changes in the Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin directory weren't picked up on our build machine.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to rename the directory of the libraries included in the IAP package to "lib" instead of "bin?" We had to explicitly unignore that directory but it's a bit messy.

5. smithmj5

smithmj5

This issue is why it's a good idea to add specific directories to your gitignore sometimes, instead of any directory named "bin". The usual exception to this is ignoring all "temp" directories, which is usually pretty safe (of course not true for every repo).