Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Get Started with Animation in Unity - official tutorials

Discussion in 'Animation' started by willgoldstone, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willgoldstone

willgoldstone

Unity Technologies

2. Mikie

Mikie

Where are the assets for the animation tutorials(ethan)?

3. OllyNicholson

OllyNicholson

Unity Technologies

4. Sebrina1214

Sebrina1214

awesome~ very useful~ thanks ~

5. gloriarsanders

gloriarsanders

I am grateful to you for sharing this tutorial link which very informative and valuable for me. I have learn so many things about animation.

6. Bryan77

Bryan77

I'm a little confused. Is it possible to actually animate in Unity? Or is this "animation system" only for applying already made animations created in a different package?

7. jRocket

jRocket

8. OllyNicholson

OllyNicholson

Unity Technologies

9. davidsirmons

davidsirmons

So the method to get an imported animation hooked up to a skinned mesh is......where exactly? I see lots of things, but this must be repeatedly slipping by me, having watched the tutorials about a half dozen times now and searched the forums with a dearth of search words. I've had to resort to randomly trying things in Unity to get my animations connected to my meshes: sometimes it happens to work, sometimes not. And forget trying to attach a new animation set to a model that already has an animation. I have yet to divine how that would work.
    (I'm not using Pro, nor Mecanim)

10. davidsirmons

davidsirmons

Funny thing is, I've gotten animations to work on a Generic rig, no Mecanim. Ohwell.

11. Zoladay

Zoladay

It's useful for me, thanks!

12. jenninexus

jenninexus

13. johnnykkr

johnnykkr

Hey thanks Alot to sharing those link that will help to my friend

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  14. Liquidsnakes

Liquidsnakes

this is awesome! thanks! look forward to this tutorial.

15. suhaspangam

suhaspangam

Its Superb!.

3D Motion Media looking for such skilled artist see if its anybody.
    www.3dmotionmedia.in

16. malosal

malosal

I am bit shocked and surprised that you guys have made it so hard to animate in Unity 5 compared to Unity 4. You want us to code our own editor(
    ) and then after that I see that the link for "beginner" tutorials starts at a different place. And then here you have to watch even longer lectures:http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/5-tutorials that make things more complicated. And now the terms are different from Unity 4 regarding simple animation states? Whats the point?

17. Narelle

Narelle

I have learnt many things from this tutorials.This tutorial is very informative and valuable for me. But some of the pages are not working. There is 404 error. Please fix this error. So that i can enjoy learning animation.

18. malosal

malosal

Yeah thats strange, broken links can means there is no interest in that area. I hope I'm wrong!

19. Foo-Byte

Foo-Byte

Is there a reference doc that separates the animation from pre-Unity 5 from Unity 5? Half the time I don't know which classes I should be using in my scripts, and when things don't work it makes it hard to even know whether I'm trying to use the right components together.

duck43 likes this.
  20. Wefighton

Wefighton

Hi all, if I said i was a beginner that would be an understatement. I have finished the Roll a Ball tutorial and have made whole maps on the game Halo with the program 3d Max. I am looking into Unity to play a video of mine and have animated people come out of the scene as if they stepped out of thin air. I have a million miles to go to get this done however any input or thoughts on this would be welcome...right now I just started looking into importing the movie texture to see if I can get it in at all. I'm using the Free Personal Unity...and I'm sure I just broke forum protocol in some way, sorry..I never post.....Thanks

21. Commander N7

Commander N7

ok I'm new at this so I'm probably not even in the right place to post this but I got a character from the store but idk how to use the 3rd person controller to make him move or respond to commands all the videos ive watched are out dated or they aren't very detailed can someone tell me how?

22. sameul

sameul

I want to get assets that occurs in unity official animation video, Please help me.

23. brandibarger

brandibarger

My animation isn't working when I upload my 2D game to the app store. It's works on the standalone, but not the Android avenue.

24. zoberon

zoberon

Hi people,

I would like to know if any of you knows if there are a plan to improve the animation side of the program(there are some tools to do this, i know). I think that the people that we need create complex animations needs to have a better tool that Unity's have now.

What do you think?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

25. jeffthoms321

jeffthoms321

Wow thats great i was looking for animation tuts to improve my animation.

26. Malkalypse

Malkalypse

So I'm looking at the Animations > Animating > Animation Properties tutorial. I have the Ethan character from the Stealth Game tutorial, but when I check "Import Animation" nothing happens. If I click "Apply", it just says "No animation data available in this model."

I suspect there is a different version I'm supposed to download -- I notice that the tutorial video shows animations named "ethan_sneak2idle" and "Idle Jump a..." which I do not have.

It's very difficult to follow along with tutorials when I don't know where to get the right versions of the files that go with them...

27. lilyadvornichenko

lilyadvornichenko

28. jeff-developer

jeff-developer

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

29. LForward1

LForward1

Something useful. Thanks you a lot.

30. GameOnMudaF

GameOnMudaF

Thanks for the link, that'll keep me busy over the weekend. :)

31. SlimeProphet

SlimeProphet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.