Search Unity

Gentoo editor problems

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MatthewRock, Oct 24, 2016.

1. MatthewRock

MatthewRock

Hello,

First of all - my first post in here. Nice to meet you all! :)

Now getting to the topic: I am running Gentoo and trying to install and run Unity3d editor. Unfortunately, I am failing.

After installing the editor from .sh and running the Unity editor, I get the welcoming square with Unity logo, but nothing else, and it looks like it's not responding. You can see the logo in the thread below(although the OP got some gray window too; I don't have that):

https://forum-old.unity3d.com/threa...x.396707/?_ga=1.156468083.91274458.1477071402

However, when run as root, I am able to get past the welcome square and into the login phase. Obviously I don't want to run the editor as root, and basing on the successfulness of root try I'd say that it has something to do with some privileges.

Before installing and running, I emerged the following packages:

sys-devel/gcc
    media-libs/alsa-lib
    x11-libs/cairo
    sys-libs/libcap
    net-print/cups
    sys-apps/dbus
    dev-libs/expat
    media-libs/fontconfig
    media-libs/freetype
    gnome-base/gconf
    x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf
    media-libs/mesa
    dev-libs/glib:2
    virtual/glu
    x11-libs/gtk+:2
    dev-libs/nspr
    dev-libs/nss
    x11-libs/pango
    x11-libs/libX11
    x11-libs/libXcomposite
    x11-libs/libXcursor
    x11-libs/libXdamage
    x11-libs/libXext
    x11-libs/libXfixes
    x11-libs/libXi
    x11-libs/libXrandr
    x11-libs/libXrender
    x11-libs/libXtst
    sys-libs/zlib
    media-libs/libpng:1.2
    dev-db/postgresql
    sys-apps/lsb-release
    x11-misc/xdg-utils
    virtual/ffmpeg
    app-arch/gzip
    net-libs/nodejs
    virtual/jre:1.7
    virtual/jdk:1.7

uname -a:

Linux Lisp 4.4.6-gentoo #6 SMP Sun Oct 16 18:15:11 CEST 2016 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

If you need more information please ask. I guess that the issue is known and solution is there(I saw some topic where some guy said he found a solution), but unfortunately I was unable to find one.

UPDATE1:

So I've poked around with output of htop with l option(basically some clever use of lsof, I guess) and I found that version without root access opens much much more files or whatever, but also found log file(haha!). Here it is and I'm confused:

--------------------------------

mono profile = '/home/malice/Unity/unity-editor-5.5.0xb5Linux/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = '/home/malice/Unity/unity-editor-5.5.0xb5Linux/Editor/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/home/malice/Unity/unity-editor-5.5.0xb5Linux/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono path[2] = '/home/malice/Unity/unity-editor-5.5.0xb5Linux/Editor/Data/UnityScript'
    Mono path[3] = '/home/malice/Unity/unity-editor-5.5.0xb5Linux/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono config path = '/home/malice/Unity/unity-editor-5.5.0xb5Linux/Editor/Data/Mono/etc'
    Using monoOptions --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,embedding=1,defer=y,address=0.0.0.0:56110
    Desktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Selecting FBConfig
    GLX_FBCONFIG_ID=165
    GLX_BUFFER_SIZE=24
    GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER=1
    GLX_RED_SIZE=8
    GLX_GREEN_SIZE=8
    GLX_BLUE_SIZE=8
    GLX_ALPHA_SIZE=0
    GLX_DEPTH_SIZE=24
    GLX_STENCIL_SIZE=8
    GLX_SAMPLES_ARB=0
    GLX_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB=0
    GLX_STEREO=0
    GLX_CONFIG_CAVEAT=NONE

The setuid sandbox is not running as root. Common causes:
    * An unprivileged process using ptrace on it, like a debugger.
    * A parent process set prctl(PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS, ...)
    Failed to move to new namespace: PID namespaces supported, Network namespace supported, but failed: errno = Operation not permitted

-------------------------
    Gonna look it up since idk why it complains about NOT running as root.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016