Search Unity

[Gear VR - Released] Twobit

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by squidbeam, Oct 24, 2016.

1. squidbeam

squidbeam

Squidbeam Games is pleased to announce the release of Twobit for the Gear VR!

Twobit is a unique VR puzzle-platform game. Only using his or her sight, the player controls a little robot in a strange room, helping him tackle problems and puzzles, and ultimately unravelling the mysteries of this dark and enigmatic place.

Twobit awakens in a dark and mysterious place. But he is not alone. He sees you. You are his guide. When he asks for direction, look around the room and find a location for him to explore. When he finds a button, nod you head in agreement to activate it. Need to see what lurks in the dark? Activate the Twobit Vision and see the world through his eyes. But who is Twobit and, most importantly, who are you? Are you a figment of his imagination? The clock continues to tick and something terrible is on its way - can you and Twobit find a way to escape this pending doom?

Twobit received great feedback from beta testers and professionals in the field - "Looks beautiful. I didn't know my phone could do such good graphics", "I liked the whole control mechanism and use of the nodding head. I thought that was cool and novel", "it looks tremendous! I loved the two bit vision feature", "it is one of the best looking Gear VR game I've played!" and "the sound design is truly immersive"!

The game was released for the Gear VR on October 19th 2016 and it is available in the Oculus store for FREE! So you can now dive into the unique world of Twobit pretty much anywhere!

Please don't hesitate to let us know what you think!

Official website:
    http://www.squidbeamgames.com/twobit

Stay Connected:
    http://www.facebook.com/squidbeamgames
    http://twitter.com/squidbeamgames
    http://www.reddit.com/r/squidbeamgames

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    ADNCG likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Top shelf lighting and shaders! Nice.

squidbeam likes this.
  3. Adam-Bailey

Adam-Bailey

This looks great!

squidbeam likes this.
  4. squidbeam

squidbeam

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Yeah, I had to write my own shaders in order to make the game work (especially for the Android version). But I'm still very impressed by how much I could throw at the 'mobile' GPUs! I'm hoping to wrap up the Rift version of the game before the end of the year, fingers crossed :)

5. squidbeam

squidbeam

A new version of Twobit is now available! This patch (v1.04) includes:

- improved performance
    - bug fixes
    - new option to cancel an action or to ask Twobit to wait
    - separate Tutorial mode

Thanks everyone who have already played the game and sent me feedback and comments! I'm so delighted to hear that so many of you liked Twobit and would like to see him featured in his own VR platform game! So I will keep you updated on future development of the game!

Don't hesitate to contact me and leave your comments here if you have any feedback, be it positive or negative, about Twobit!

Cheers!

6. John3D

John3D

Great VR game! The graphics are really cool! Great job!

squidbeam likes this.
  7. squidbeam

squidbeam

Thank you for your awesome feedback! I'm so glad you liked the game!! :)

8. squidbeam

squidbeam

A new version of Twobit is now available! This patch (v1.5) includes a lot of new things!

- Dramatically improved performance
    - New display quality options (although the game runs fine on my s6 at 60fps without overheating)
    - Improved Twobit response
    - Found and fixed the bug that would make him freeze at times
    - Twobit can now see things that you can't (such as flows of energy), which can give you clues on how to solve the puzzle

I have also added a lot of new things here and there, such as clues/tips when you go back to the menu screen and more feedback when you complete the room. I've also started working on the full game, I will keep you updated soon!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  9. squidbeam

squidbeam

Hi everyone,

I released this week a new dev'log video showing some of the highlights for the new version of the game (v1.5)

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think, being positive or negative. Thanks for your help :)

10. CitrusA

CitrusA

That's a very interesting concept. Would love to try it out!

11. squidbeam

squidbeam

Thank you CitrusPancake - if you have a Gear VR then the game is free to play :)

I have been debating to also release a web version - it won't obviously be VR but the game is playable with a mouse. is it something you and other players would be interested to see?