Search Unity

Game won't start on Steam, error loading library " libXcursor.so.1"

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aNormalGuy, Nov 29, 2016.

1. aNormalGuy

aNormalGuy

Hi,

I'm not an experienced Linux developer so please bare with me..

We're porting our game to Linux and it used to run without any issues. However now it kind of freezes when the game is about to load a new scene. A tester got this and solved it by taking a screenshot with Valve's screenshot feature.. don't ask me how this tester found this..

Valve reported this:

I don't think it has anything to do with it but I'm hiding the cursor at start, sorry this is a wild guess.

Any idea of what I need to do to fix this? Is this a common issue? Something in the build settings?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Tak

Tak

The error message is unrelated to the freeze - if the user was missing libXcursor, the game wouldn't launch at all (and this has been required for our linux player for a long time).

Is the freeze 100% reproducible? Could you send me a build where this happens?

3. aNormalGuy

aNormalGuy

So the freeze bug have been solved thanks to Tak. I was using Unity 5.3.2f1 and I upgraded to 5.3.7f1 and set API for Linux to OpenGL2. Don't know how many other would have this bug since there are newer versions of Unity now.

My last problem now is to solve the issue with "libXcursors.so.1" if anyone has an idea then let me know!